GB Chat

AnonymousDFB1

I know I already have a project for this build but I just couldn't help myself!!!

As mentioned in Battle form Reich GB am currently in Japan and yesterday found this amazing hobby shop full of stuff I have never seen before!

So just couldn't help myself when I saw a Pit-Road RAF TSR.2 Strike Role.

The kit is beautiful and includes 4 Martel TV guided missiles and ventral drop tank.

Hopefully will get this one done by closing time.

Will post pics and starting thread once I can load photos on, still on iPad.

Hi Rich,

can you name the shop and where it is located? I like to travel but sometimes am scrabbling the directories to find a hobby shop in the country I visit. :book:

If everyone, who comes across a decent hobby shop abroad, lists them somewhere then we could have a database of them?

cheers

Mike

Not sure if this is a bit off topic for a GB but could be relevant for my build; does anyone know of a good source of 1:144 figures? OZmods seem to be the only place to get pilots but with the minimum order and shipping its almost uneconomic.

Preiser do a nice set of pilots and groundcrew in 1:144.

Can usually pick these up at railway hobby shops and Amazon etc.

Mike

The pilots (centre back) and the aircrewman in the doorway of the Sea King Mk.4 are both from that set. The rest of the figures are Dragon or general N-scale railway figures modified.

P1050363R.JPG

Another view of the Aircrewman in the Mk.4

P1060584R.JPG

Hi Neal,

you can get a bag, of about 50 N-scale figures, from various hobby shops especially train shops, for about £3.

The good thing with them is that a thickish layer of paint, applied to the upper body, can look like a foul-weather jacket. A blob of paint on the head and it becomes a helmet/bone-dome etc.

cheers

Mike

Hi Rich,

can you name the shop and where it is located? I like to travel but sometimes am scrabbling the directories to find a hobby shop in the country I visit. :book:

If everyone, who comes across a decent hobby shop abroad, lists them somewhere then we could have a database of them?

cheers

Mike

Hi Mike

Here's the address of B's Hobby, Kyoto;

Address Yanagibaba-higashiiru, Shijyo-dori, Shimogyo-ku, Kyoto-shi, Kyoto, 600-8005.

http://www.bunkyodo.co.jp/c/tenpo/BsHobby_kyoto.htm. (Sorry iPad won't let me hyperlink address) though site in only in Japanese.

Shijyo-dori is off the main road heading up from Kyoto station, then head right along it for about 5 blocks and it's on the left hand side.

It's in the main shopping district of downtown Kyoto, in a small downstairs shop. Good range of European & Asian produced models, huge range of aftermarket accessories, plus an enormous range of modeling tools and other bits and pieces.

If you can suggest the correct place in the forum for a thread on the subject I'll post more detail on Tokyo, Osaka (off there today), and Singapore.

Edited by trickyrich

Hi Rich,

thanks very much for this. I'll have a think about how and where best to set up a thread for hobby shops. I'm sure I'm not the only one who wonders where the hobby shops might be whilst on holiday. Web searches are all very well but sometimes you just find 'the same stuff' out there. I've often found that personal recommendation, from people who live, or have travelled, in certain areas can tell you about that little 'Aladdin's Cave' for modeller's which you won't find listed anywhere.

Would it be possible for you to take a photo of any modelling shop front that you might find in Tokyo, Osaka and Singapore? I found a couple of decent shops in Singapore but I can't find my notebook at the moment. I do know that there is a fairly well stocked shop at Katong Shopping Centre, Singapore.

Thanks again

Mike

In theory you should be able to google map the street, but if it's in a shopping centre that's effectively useless. A thread on modelling shops would be a nice addition :)

Kind Regards

Dazz

Have taken a couple of pics, but had forgotten for Kyoto.

Will put together something a bit better once I get home and off the iPad.

Will also add location from google maps.

May just have to start a thread in general discussion area to start with. But agree would be great have a resource here members can go to before their trips, know I have spent some time trying to track down these places.

Hope my little bit can help others.

Hi Rich,

I have the details of the shops in Singapore but I will pm them to you as I'm wary of thread drift. We can continue off-line until we set up a thread of its own.

If anyone else wants details of hobby shops in Singapore then, in the interim, please pm me.

cheers

Mike

There is some range of builds going on here, everything from aircraft, rockets to missile launchers. Guess that's the advantage of a single scale build rather then a type build.

Some amazing work being done, well done to all

Hi I'm Terry Patrick (tpat), I would like to join the 1/144th Group Build. The majority of my builds are 'scratch builds' or home made resins. I am an enthusiast of experimental aircraft and the model that I would like to present is the Handley Page HP88, this aircraft was built to test the cresent wing prior to the construction of the HP Victor.

tpat

Hi I'm Terry Patrick (tpat), I would like to join the 1/144th Group Build. The majority of my builds are 'scratch builds' or home made resins. I am an enthusiast of experimental aircraft and the model that I would like to present is the Handley Page HP88, this aircraft was built to test the cresent wing prior to the construction of the HP Victor.

tpat

looking forward to that!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

It is with great regret that I'm gonna have to pull the Gundams out of the build. My nan has passed away, and it's turning out really ugly because her son (I refuse to call him "uncle") is being a complete idiot, it's taking its toll on my poor mother trying to sort this all out which leaves me no time to actually model :( I will get it finished and put up on here if anyone is interested.

My sincere apologies,

Kind Regards

Dazz

Edit :

Since posting this, we've had the Corrinors office, the Church, the Hospital and the Police involved and they have all told him to STFU. All issues have been resolved... quite shockingly... So I will be blitzing the Nu-Gundam and Hazel on Thursday/Friday to get them done. :)

Edited by Dazzio

Already panicking......... I'm off on holibobs tomorrow and there is still loads to do on the Gannet and C-130 !!

Think I concentrated too much on the Topol transporters and not enough on these two.

Mike

Only a couple of days left to go now, I have to say this has been a great GB, the variety and standard of the builds has been fantastic and the atmosphere has been fun from the start, so a massive thanks to everyone that has taken part, you should all be very proud of what you've achieved.

Antony

Just had a quick run through the Gallery. There are some great finished models in there, well done to everybody. :thumbsup:

I agree there's some great builds here, especially seeing they’re only 1/144th scale!!!

Stock up the coffee pot for the final run to the end .......... :frantic: