F-16C 65th Anniversary - 1/144 Revell

Really nice there, and no misted canopy either!! ;) j/k. Got a few of these myself to build, but won't be using the decals in the box tho. How hard was it to colour match the paint to the decals. Think it's the belly tank that's need to be painted??

Kind Regards

Dazz

Thank you for the nice comments people, much appreciated. :)

Very nice.

Having built a 1/144 Tornado, I can appreciate the work gone in to a model of this scale, to have it looking how it does. A cracker.

I built two 1/144 Tornado kits both from Revell, IDS and ECR. I have to say I didn't enjoy building them but they were one of the first kits I've built maybe can give Tornado another shot sometime in the future. :)

Really nice there, and no misted canopy either!! ;) j/k. Got a few of these myself to build, but won't be using the decals in the box tho. How hard was it to colour match the paint to the decals. Think it's the belly tank that's need to be painted??

Kind Regards

Dazz

Yea this time I masked the canopy :D Aftermarket decals or any accessories are hard to find here especially for 1/144 scale unfortunately as model making is not a common hobby so I always need to build OOB. Yes you need to paint the tanks but somehow the manual tells you to paint them gray, so at first I painted them gray and after varnishing the model I decided to repaint the tanks to red-blue-white as original and as shown in the boxart took em off then repainted and don't think I did a very good job but painting on the sprues before assembly would be easier and better as I usually do. Matching the colors wasn't that hard I used Revell white, blue and fiery red colors and they worked well. :)

You've still done a good job on those tanks, looks good to me. I know there's 2 AMsheets for the Viper by Ad-Astra for an Dutch Squadron. Not bad either. Also got decals for a plain Dutch AF plane and one from NASA. There is also a website where someone has made some decals to print yourself and is giving them out freely. Probably loads of decals in Japan too, but my Kanji is a little rusty... :(

Kind Regards

Dazz

You've still done a good job on those tanks, looks good to me. I know there's 2 AMsheets for the Viper by Ad-Astra for an Dutch Squadron. Not bad either. Also got decals for a plain Dutch AF plane and one from NASA. There is also a website where someone has made some decals to print yourself and is giving them out freely. Probably loads of decals in Japan too, but my Kanji is a little rusty... :(

Kind Regards

Dazz

I plan on printing my own decals, I'll change my printer first with one tht prints whites too cause I don't want to cut off every single edge using a white decal paper. Then I plan to build a Solo Türk version of F-16

p_29378_o.jpg

yyil16.jpg

solo-t%C3%BCrk-F-162.png

I like it hope you post some more of the small scale stuff......

Thank you, I plan to concentrate on small scales actually, they both don't take too much space which I am starting to lack and I like Revell's 1/144 kits.

I plan on printing my own decals, I'll change my printer first with one tht prints whites too cause I don't want to cut off every single edge using a white decal paper. Then I plan to build a Solo Türk version of F-16.

I'm thinking doing the same for a few of my models. I was planning on using clear decal paper and painting the white, probably cheaper too. ;)

That's a nice plane to do a model of. I wanna do a few of the IDF planes. There's a Trumpeter F-16 coming out this year too, if it's anything like their Raptor it will rawk and be better than the Revell one. Nice to see someone else who likes 1/144's too!! :D if you can, try to find some Dragon 1+1 kits, you get two models and loads of weapons for them. I was able to use the Revell Typhoon and turn it into an FGR.4 loaded with bombs :)

Kind Regards

Dazz

I'm thinking doing the same for a few of my models. I was planning on using clear decal paper and painting the white, probably cheaper too. ;)

That's a nice plane to do a model of. I wanna do a few of the IDF planes. There's a Trumpeter F-16 coming out this year too, if it's anything like their Raptor it will rawk and be better than the Revell one. Nice to see someone else who likes 1/144's too!! :D if you can, try to find some Dragon 1+1 kits, you get two models and loads of weapons for them. I was able to use the Revell Typhoon and turn it into an FGR.4 loaded with bombs :)

Kind Regards

Dazz

Painting whites is a good solution too but for small scales could need some steady hand if you brush paint as I do :D I saw a few people masking and painting the scheme of Solo Türk I thought of doing that too but I don't know if I can manage that especially the numbers and letters would be tricky, or maybe can use decals only for them, a 1/144 kit for suck scheme will need a lot of work and patience I guess but I'll try it. I looked for Dragon's 1/144 SR-71 kit but they didn't have it in stock and as I check the site I online store I buy from when local ones lack, I see only two kits in stock from Dragon so no luck for me about that :) Revell is the easiest to find here as there are several distributors. I am glad too to see someone who enjoys 1/144 kits, not many of us around I guess :D

Painting whites is a good solution too but for small scales could need some steady hand if you brush paint as I do :D I saw a few people masking and painting the scheme of Solo Türk I thought of doing that too but I don't know if I can manage that especially the numbers and letters would be tricky, or maybe can use decals only for them, a 1/144 kit for suck scheme will need a lot of work and patience I guess but I'll try it. I looked for Dragon's 1/144 SR-71 kit but they didn't have it in stock and as I check the site I online store I buy from when local ones lack, I see only two kits in stock from Dragon so no luck for me about that :) Revell is the easiest to find here as there are several distributors. I am glad too to see someone who enjoys 1/144 kits, not many of us around I guess :D

I got an airbrush/spray paint can so I can just mask up what I need and go from there. I find hand painting white is next to impossible, it always looks wrong to me!! Regarding the Dragon kits, have you tried other suppliers like Hannants, or even eBay? Theres a few on there, not bad prices either if you know how to snipe ;)

I think 1/144 is more of a Japanese thing, it's pretty popular out there esp with their Gunpla. Theres a few of us floating around on the web, a few people on blogger (I am on there too).

Kind Regards,

Dazz

I've found a few Dutch ones and lots for the F-2A, which I guess Technically you could use. But only ever seen one decal sheet for the USAF, and that was a limited edition one so no chance of finding that one. Lets just hope someone prints some decals for it. I can imagine MYK Decals and Momoko doing some... he says hopefully. On a semi-related note, I have found a decal sheet for the planes from Area 88, tempted to get it.

Kind Regards,

Dazz

I got an airbrush/spray paint can so I can just mask up what I need and go from there. I find hand painting white is next to impossible, it always looks wrong to me!! Regarding the Dragon kits, have you tried other suppliers like Hannants, or even eBay? Theres a few on there, not bad prices either if you know how to snipe ;)

I think 1/144 is more of a Japanese thing, it's pretty popular out there esp with their Gunpla. Theres a few of us floating around on the web, a few people on blogger (I am on there too).

Kind Regards,

Dazz

I bought one kit from ebay, the Revell's 1/720 U.S.S. Enterprise, for me the prices is not the problem for sites like ebay, it is the shipping cost. Generally shipping costs to Turkey can be double of the kit's cost. but I still check ebay time to time. Never checked Hannats don't know if they even ship to Turkey but I'll check it. There was some Japanese show or whatever it is I saw the videos of over the net, something called like Puramo Tsukurou or so, never seen them building a 1/144 scale jet only A380 so I don't know if it's their thing at all :D I got two big scales I have my eyes on though, Revell's 1/32 Heinkel He-111 and 1/350 Bismarck. Especially I'll build Bismarck sometime this year or when it's in stock. :D

The Japanese have their own... I guess you could call it a model show called "Project144". I was wrong earlier, I meant to say 1/144 is more of an Asian thing (said Japanese cause of the Gunpla). Most of the decal sheets I have come from there.

I know what you mean about the shipping, it's not much cheaper here believe me!!!

Kind Regards

Dazz

Nice job, like Dazz I also build 1/144, have one in the stash and was wondering what was the kit like to build? any gaps or fit issues?

Nice work and look forward to your next build

Mine's a bit gappy where the forward fuselage meets the rear upper surface part incorporating the wings. I'm thinking of shimming the joint at the sides with 5 or 10 thou plastic card/strip and dropping a length of 10 thou rod into the seam that goes 'over the hump'. With any luck that should obviate any need for filler.

Joseph

The Japanese have their own... I guess you could call it a model show called "Project144". I was wrong earlier, I meant to say 1/144 is more of an Asian thing (said Japanese cause of the Gunpla). Most of the decal sheets I have come from there.

I know what you mean about the shipping, it's not much cheaper here believe me!!!

Kind Regards

Dazz

That may explain why I like 1/144 as I am in the Asian part of Turkey :D Haven't heard Project144 I'll check it hoping it's in English :)

Nice job, like Dazz I also build 1/144, have one in the stash and was wondering what was the kit like to build? any gaps or fit issues?

Nice work and look forward to your next build

My kit had one issue, there was a gap between fuselage and the air intake but nothing a filler wouldn't solve.

Edited by seth2012chaos