Irish Air Corps, Silver Swallows

Evalman

We must have been fairly close to each other!

SilverSwallows002.jpg

SilverSwallows003.jpg

SilverSwallows004.jpg

SilverSwallows001.jpg

Looks like your camera was better than mine back then. 1997 was a great display for which they one Best Display, all the better when they were actually a part time team. I miss those guys. I wish the IAC would reform them.

Julien

• Like 1

Great shots - brings me back to my youth!

Julien - yes, it's a great pity the display team was abandoned.

However, the IAC has restored no. 219 for its Museum at Baldonnel. You can find some photos that I took of her last year, when the excellent book by Joe Maxwell and Radu Brinzan on the Magister in Irish service was launched, here:-

http://w11.zetaboards.com/IPMS_Ireland_Forum/topic/8228136/1/

Philip

• 3 weeks later...
  • 9 years later...

Hi, I'm the Editor of the official RIAT Souvenir Programme and in this year's programme we're paying tribute to the Irish Air Corps' centenary. With your agreement, we'd very much like to include the top image of the two Fouga Magisters on take-off. Full accreditation would of course be given (if this is acceptable, please advise how you wish to be credited). As you're probably aware, all profits from RIAT go annually to the Royal Air Force Charitable Trust. Please let me know either way. My e-mail is: [email protected]. Many thanks and I look forward to hearing from you.

Regards

David Higham

Editor - RIAT Souvenir Programme