New Hasegawa Releases

Mike

Hasegawa have announced a couple of new kits for this year (so far), as follows:

HA2032.jpg

HA2032 1:72 F4U-1A Corsair Combo (2 kits in the box)

HJT07332.jpg

HJT07332 1:48 Arado Ar234C-3 W/BT700 "Anti-Shipping Attacker"

HJT07333.jpg

HJT07333 1:48 Mitsubishi A6M2b Zero Fighter Type 21 "Junyo Fighter Group"

I'll be looking forward to the 234, as that is a legendary kit IMHO, but you can't have too many Zeroes. In the smaller scale, the Corsair was one of the longest serving piston engined fighters, and was always a favourite of mine and many others.

Of course, we'll have to wait and see what the UK prices will be, and although they're going to be high because of the fact that they've been imported from outside the EU, Hasegawa have a reputation for producing good quality kits. So - let's not get bogged down moaning about the prices, or I'll make you all go on car forums and complain incessantly because you can't afford a Bentley (or whatever - you get the jist). :)

Do you know if these are new moulds or if they have simply added a new sheet of decals?

I would eat my computer if anything but the missile on the Ar 234 were new plastic. Not that there's anything wrong with that, as the 1/48 ones at least are fine kits.

I think they're all either re-boxes with new parts or just reboxes. The 234 is a rebox with new parts, the Zero Type 21 has been out before in the "Super Aces" guise with resin figure, so that's likely a rebox. Not sure of the 1:72 Corsair, but the Combo kits are usually existing tools :)

That's probably true, but I think every company has some of the "old faithfuls" that have seen better days. Hopefully that will start to trickle through like it has with Airfix :)