Tarangus 1:48 Viggen - Boxart now available

Mike

Am I perhaps alone in thinking that the Viggen looks a tad... overweight? As an aircraft IRL, I mean, who knows about the kit...

I believe the kit has at least one small panel detail that has square corners rather than round ones and a 4 micrometre discrepancy in fuselage depth.

It is therefore a travesty, mockery, totally unbuildable, disgrace, designer should commit hara kiri etc etc.

I believe the kit has at least one small panel detail that has square corners rather than round ones and a 4 micrometre discrepancy in fuselage depth.

It is therefore a travesty, mockery, totally unbuildable, disgrace, designer should commit hara kiri etc etc.

Btw, how do i know this? Well, it's just obvious from the box art isnt it? Anyone who knws anything about the Viggen will be able to spot it....

• Like 3

Btw, how do i know this? Well, it's just obvious from the box art isnt it? Anyone who knws anything about the Viggen will be able to spot it....

You naughty, naughty Vlamgat you! :)

I thing the Viggen is one of those aircraft that looks "chunky" from some angles, and sleek from others. If the kit can do this too , then it should meet the spec!!

Do we have a price yet?

Jonners

I thing the Viggen is one of those aircraft that looks "chunky" from some angles, and sleek from others. If the kit can do this too , then it should meet the spec!!

Do we have a price yet?

Jonners

;-)

I expect the price will be reassuringly expensive!

Looks like another Classic in the stash gets relegated to the for sale box at the next IPMS show!

I have never been a fan of the premade masks but for a decent Viggen splinter I might just try a set.

Colin W

Do we have a price yet?

Jonners

Well, you know the saying - If you have to ask, you can't afford it! :yikes:

I have the Syhart decals set 48-037 for 12-4, the black/gold one from F4:

http://www.airliners.net/photo/Sweden---Air/Saab-JA37DI-Viggen/0871919/L/&sid=54fffc18da5fc36a989b00f3bb8e6af3

http://www.airliners.net/photo/Sweden---Air/Saab-JA37DI-Viggen/0717055/L/&sid=54fffc18da5fc36a989b00f3bb8e6af3

Although this one would be tempting:

http://www.airliners.net/photo/Sweden---Air/Saab-JA37DI-Viggen/0797215/L/&sid=97854150a7c3266830f187e7fe4eaa67

I want one!, A nice modern kit of this classic jet, can't wait for the release date.

I'm sure there will be a splinter option, there's not many decals required the challenge is painting the colour scheme!

Shaun.

Edited by Shaun

For your info- the decal sheet will contain one aircraft in metal finish, one in green camo and one in gray. I hope that will at least be somewhat satisfactory!

Edited by Z Aviator

For your info- the decal sheet will contain one aircraft in metal finish, one in green camo and one in gray. I hope that will at least be somewhat satisfactory!

Hope it also will include all small stencil decals (more than 100) similar to Flying Colors and Two Bobs long sold out sheets. Preferably printed by Cartograf this time so you can read them and not just a blob of color.

That would also bring the quality of the kit up to a level that would justify the higher price everybody keep complaining about.