Eduard 1/48 F6F-5 Hellcat

This was completed in July last year and is probably one of my better efforts. It was my first attempt at serious weathering and is probably overdone but I like it.

DSC012591_zps3527ac6f.jpg

DSC01260_zps8d34f37f.jpg

DSC01263_zps24c114c3.jpg

DSC01262_zps90b6ebe8.jpg

DSC01261_zps732817e8.jpg

Hopefully these pics are better than my jaguar ones, comments and criticism welcome

Cheers,

Sean

• Like 2

Nice Sean and you may be right (and this is not a criticism) it is probably a little OTT compared to the real thing - the USN mostly kept their GSB a/c fairly clean (that colour did NOT tend to weather or chip - exhaust staining, yes). One more minor tip - I use nitrile gloves when handling my models during painting (or try to) - avoids the fingerprints like the faint one on the underside of the starboard wing!

At the end of the day mate, it's your model and it's a beauty and for the record...I like it too!

Andy - a self-confessed USN-nut!

• Like 1

TBH, I only weathered it that much because misread the instructions and painted the whole thing the wrong colour (the instructions call for gunze navy blue, and I proceeded to paint it Humbrol navy blue which is too light) and then decided to go the whole hog.

I think that fingerprint is the only one on the thing and it had to be in the area that I did a close up...

Thanks for the comments they will hopefully help with future models.

Edited by Mozzy19
  • Like 2

I've got a F6F-3 in the works so those comments will definitely be applied

Now if you are doing that in the 3-colour scheme - fill your boots as far as weathering goes! :winkgrin:

Will do,when I get around to it (probaly the year 4999)

Cheers, I knew it was overdone when I did it and that was before I had even seen the masterpieces on here or signed up here.

Edited by Mozzy19

Will do,when I get around to it (probaly the year 4999)

Cheers, I knew it was overdone when I did it and that was before I had even seen the masterpieces on here or signed up here.

At least by that date you won't have any comments from me bud! :bleh:

It'll be a family heir loom, passed down and added to throughout the generations...

Cheers Colin, I'm quite pleased at how it turned out.

Edited by Mozzy19

Now if you are doing that in the 3-colour scheme - fill your boots as far as weathering goes! :winkgrin:

How weathered did they get? Do you know where I could find reference pictures? Edited by Mozzy19