Eduard 1:48 Bf 110G-4

Hi all,

I've been fighting this kit for the last 6 weeks or so, after a nice start it just turned into a struggle, bad fit, bad flash, mistakes made, and I lost my mojo a bit. But I finally got it all done and wanted to share it, just so I can prove it's finally off my bench! I won't go into all the mistakes I can see in it; I always find it hard not to focus on them. But please feel free to share any advice/criticism you have, it'd be much appreicated. Thanks!

J.

Kit: Eduard 1:48 Bf 110G-4
Scale: 1:48
Paint & Weathering: Brush painted with Revell Aqua Colour & Tamiya Acrylics, Promodeller Wash, Citadel Nuln Oil Shade, Tamiya Weathering Kit
Extras: None

Finished1_zps8ff9bac0.jpg

Finished2_zps2cba776c.jpg

Finished3_zps39c4ee0e.jpg

Finished4_zpscb471688.jpg

Finished5_zps719868b7.jpg

Finished6_zpsfcf76ccc.jpg

Finished7_zps00f5ee39.jpg

Finished8_zps01626651.jpg

Finished9_zps325217a9.jpg

Finished10_zpsbce2d052.jpg

• Like 5

Yes you've made a good job of a tricky kit, over-engineered in many respects but badly fitting as you say in others. My only comment for correcting the build is with the pilot's side windows which should be hanging down by the fuselage, see below:

22.jpg

Edited by galgos
  • Like 1

Thanks for all the kind comments!

@galgos: You're completely right about the pilot's side windows, but i did it that way as a compromise. The PE frame Eduard give you for the inside of those windows is bigger than the window and leaves a lip at the bottom of each window. I thought it would look really awkward with the lip being visible, so instead I used the lip to stick the windows to the fuselage. I knew it wasn't accurate, but I decided it would do.

@sammy da fish: As glagos says, the wing roots and nacelles weren't great at all. I left the cannons in the nose on display because he upper half of the nose was a slightly different shape to the lower half, and it would have been far too awkward (for me anyhow!) to get a good fit on a complex shape like that. I also found the bases of the exhuast too big for their recesses, the undercarriage assembly ridicuously over-complicated and the radar was a nightmare, three small pylons, at different angles, and no guides at all on the fuselage!

I need to stop complaining about this build, I'm still fairly happy with how it turned out, overall, but my mojo took a beating doing it...

J.