Egyptian Westland Commando/SeaKing colours ...

Tsrjoe

iv been trying to find colour specifications/markings references for the Westland Commando helicopters supplied to Egypt during the 1980's, theres quite a few photographs in various publications, usually of pre delivery airframes but as yet i have not found a note of what shade of 'sand' was used or the undersurface 'grey'

any assistance would be very appreciated, many thanks, Joe :)

The chances are they would have been painted in BS colours,

I'm sure there was an Aircraft in Detail article in SAM years ago covering Westland built Sea Kings and I'm sure it reckoned that all export models used the BS paint shades.

My uneducated guess would be Light Stone and Light Aircraft Grey

iv been trying to find colour specifications/markings references for the Westland Commando helicopters supplied to Egypt during the 1980's, theres quite a few photographs in various publications, usually of pre delivery airframes but as yet i have not found a note of what shade of 'sand' was used or the undersurface 'grey'

any assistance would be very appreciated, many thanks, Joe :)

Scale Aircraft Modelling March 84 Egyptian Westland Sea King Commando Mk 1,2,2E ECM aircraft Top side BS381C361 Light Stone Matt. Underside BS381C627 Light Admiralty Gray. Mk2B same colour more windows five on Port side All bar Mk1 have six bladed tail rotor & sand filter. Regards Len