spare/replacement parts for Hasegawa kits UK

burnley63

Sorry if this information already appears in the forum but i couldn't find it on the site ( please remove if duplicated). I recently realised i had lost one half of the front fuselage for a 1/48 Hasegawa Tomcat. Eventually came accross the following link [email protected] who apparently represent Hasegawa in UK. The service i recieved was nothing short of excellent, my original e-mail was responded to within 4 hours and the replacement part arrived within 2 working days - all at no charge.

Kevin

• 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...

Hi All,

apologies if this has already been answered somewhere- recently purchased a kit off Ebay- Hasegawa's 1/32 Ki61- and it came with a couple of parts missing plus the decals. Emailed the 'spares@amerang' email above a week or so ago, but no reply as yet. Ive read elsewhere that people have had excellent service via this address- has it been shut recently?

Im happy to pay for the spares (its the canopy and the pilots seat back, so both fairly important!)- the decals- well I can probably buy aftermarket ones or stencils, but would prefer the kit ones.

Any ideas, anyone?

Edited by Thunda

got your PM thunda, ill psot my reply here as well, I got nowhere with them last week when I needed spares for my typhoon, but then send message to the general enquiries address, accessed using the main contact us page and got a reply from simon within a couple of days...

A bit of an update for anyone interested. I got a response almost immeadiately from the main contact address on the Amerang website- however, they were absolutely no help whatsoever. Basically told me to 'we dont have the parts' and to 'return the kit to the supplier' which, as an Ebay purchase isnt an option. I wrote back saying that the canopy, which is the main part thats missing, is the same on all the re-boxes of the Ki61, of which there have been at least 4 that Im aware of, and that the last one is still available- just got a 'sorry- dont have them- perhaps you can get an answer from Hasegawas Japanese language website (!)' As my Japanese is a little rusty these days, I think it unlikely that is an avenue I will persue.

So there you have it. I now have 2 1/32 Ki61's with no canopies or decals......