An apology

Kallisti

Today is the day when I get the ability to post back.

One of the first things I want to do is apologise for having made a mistake 3 months ago. I did send a PM to Greg immediately this kicked off and did apologise in that PM, but he didn't pass it on to the rest of the GB, so I am rectifying that now.

The mistake was a genuine mistake - I PM'd two of my IPMS Farnborough colleagues to let them know that voting had started in this GB and then made the mistake of mentioning "Don't forget to vote for me" or some such comment that was supposed to be light hearted. What I didn't realise was that this was against the rules. I had never bothered to read the GB rules thoroughly before, but really when you think about it, its bleeding obvious I shouldn't have done that, so ignorance really isn't a defence!

What did rankle is that one of these "friends" rather than point out to me I was making a mistake, instead went and reported it to the moderators. That did upset me a bit. We all make mistakes once in a while...

Anyway, the 3 months is up and I've been a bit busy on the modelling front...

• Like 2

neither is a 3 month!! ban for 1 daft comment. i come on places like this to escape real life bs.

why did nobody just have a quiet word with him? wtf is wrong with everybody nowadays?

One could ask the same question of your current attitude. What is the point of causing an argument over a suspension that is now complete? Other than to irritate the Mods and end up cooling your heels yourself? Why? :shrug:

One could ask the same question of your current attitude. What is the point of causing an argument over a suspension that is now complete? Other than to irritate the Mods and end up cooling your heels yourself? Why? :shrug:

i asked a simple question iv got no desire to argue with anybody :)

i see something i think is wrong so i stated my opinion.

a major reason why theres so much crap from above is precisly because nobody is willing to put there head above the parapet (sp) and actually say something about it due to fear and not wanting to rock the boat

ps im not specifically on about this situation here btw

Edited by mrvr6

Perhaps talking to a Mod directly by PM rather than blurting it all out in public and causing more of the upset and bad feeling you profess to be tired of would have been better? :shrug:

Perhaps talking to a Mod directly by PM rather than blurting it all out in public and causing more of the upset and bad feeling you profess to be tired of would have been better? :shrug:

upset and bad feeling?

WHAT?

is there a facepalm smiley?

Kallisti has had the good grace to apologise in public and that apology has been accepted by the Moderators.

I don't think either Kallisti or the mods will appreciate you constantly aggravating a situation that has been amicably resolved. Particularly as it doesn't directly concern you.

Chris.

Today is the day when I get the ability to post back.

One of the first things I want to do is apologise for having made a mistake 3 months ago. I did send a PM to Greg immediately this kicked off and did apologise in that PM, but he didn't pass it on to the rest of the GB, so I am rectifying that now.

The mistake was a genuine mistake - I PM'd two of my IPMS Farnborough colleagues to let them know that voting had started in this GB and then made the mistake of mentioning "Don't forget to vote for me" or some such comment that was supposed to be light hearted. What I didn't realise was that this was against the rules. I had never bothered to read the GB rules thoroughly before, but really when you think about it, its bleeding obvious I shouldn't have done that, so ignorance really isn't a defence!

What did rankle is that one of these "friends" rather than point out to me I was making a mistake, instead went and reported it to the moderators. That did upset me a bit. We all make mistakes once in a while...

Anyway, the 3 months is up and I've been a bit busy on the modelling front...

Good to have you back. What have you managed to achieve during your 'time off'???