eurofighter

goose

whilst in Scotland in 2011, I saw a typhoon land after a QRA alert, it had 4 missiles under belly, two fuel tanks under wings, and two pairs of asraam outside the tanks, the revell 72 scale kit, ive just noticed only has fuel tanks and one pylon outside, is there any pylons in this scale to make up missing ones.

i have decals for 6 sqd missiles etc, but not the missing pylon, any suggestions?

whilst in Scotland in 2011, I saw a typhoon land after a QRA alert, it had 4 missiles under belly, two fuel tanks under wings, and two pairs of asraam outside the tanks, the revell 72 scale kit, ive just noticed only has fuel tanks and one pylon outside, is there any pylons in this scale to make up missing ones.

i have decals for 6 sqd missiles etc, but not the missing pylon, any suggestions?

I assume you are talking about the pylons that fit between the tanks and the permanent Tip stub pylons that only carry ASRAAM? I thought these came with the kit? These pylons can be fitted with Rail launchers for an additional 2 ASRAAM.

The missing pylons in the kit are the inboard set (between the tank and fuselage) which do not carry Air to air missiles.

Selwyn

Selwyn, the 1:72 Revell Typhoon misses both the two inboard pylons (between the tanks and fuselage) and the AAM pylons between the tanks and tip stub pylons. They included them in the 1:48 version though.

Even worse, the 1:72 two seater doesn't even come with Asraams :(

Selwyn, the 1:72 Revell Typhoon misses both the two inboard pylons (between the tanks and fuselage) and the AAM pylons between the tanks and tip stub pylons. They included them in the 1:48 version though.

Even worse, the 1:72 two seater doesn't even come with Asraams :(

yep thats true, i have that one too.

this is what i want to build the QRA aircraft (as i saw it that day)

scotlandsept2011065_zps2260146b.jpg

now the twin stick (from long distance perched on a fence. sunny but windy!) i will hope to build this as well

scotlandsept2011073_zpsd1b44f31.jpg

and side view of single & twin ready for training

scotlandsept2011068_zps0b66cc6c.jpg

Edited by goose

yep thats true, i have that one too.

this is what i want to build the QRA aircraft (as i saw it that day)

scotlandsept2011065_zps2260146b.jpg

now the twin stick (from long distance perched on a fence. sunny but windy!) i will hope to build this as well

scotlandsept2011073_zpsd1b44f31.jpg

and side view of single & twin ready for training

scotlandsept2011068_zps0b66cc6c.jpg

Goose thanks,

i thought the 1/72 kit was the same as the 1/48 re pylons, my mistake!

By the way the outer pylons arn't just for AAM, if you don't fit the launchers, you can fit bombs to them as well.

Selwyn

(PS- I didn't need the pictures I regularly see Typhoons up close!)

Edited by Selwyn