Heller 1/72nd Alpha Jet, new tool?

GreenDragon

Modelstories have some of the Heller announcements for 2013 and say the 1/72nd Alpha Jet is a new mould! Also there are new 1/72nd tools of the M4 Sherman and Tiger I plus several boxes of 72nd scale figures. http://modelbox.free.fr/news/News1300_HELR_P/index.htm

Glad to see they're reissuing Su27UB.

Paul Harrison

Modelstories have some of the Heller announcements for 2013 and say the 1/72nd Alpha Jet is a new mould! Also there are new 1/72nd tools of the M4 Sherman and Tiger I plus several boxes of 72nd scale figures. http://modelbox.free.fr/news/News1300_HELR_P/index.htm

Glad to see they're reissuing Su27UB.

Paul Harrison

Interesting about the Heller Su-27UB......

The moulds went to Alanger in the Ukraine.....

su-30_001.jpg

Have they got them back i wonder ??

Ken

Didn't know the moulds went to Ukraine, I assumed that Heller sent them bagged kits and Alanger boxed them.

Paul Harrison

Edited by GreenDragon

From what I remember, the Heller mould was sold to Lodella in the late 80s along with some other kits like the Vampire, Texan, AR196, which may explain why the latter turned up in Revell boxes in the early 90s as, at the time, I don't remember Heller having a licensing agreement with Revell. Certainly when Humbrol reissued the Vampire and Texan/Harvard as Airfix kits, they had to go to Mexico to get polybagged mouldings.

It had always been assumed that the Heller were buying in bagged mouldings of their own AJ kit, but the appearance of the Airfix kit in a Heller box came as a bit of surprise! I can only imagine that Heller have felt they need their own AJ mould tools, probably being as much core product to them as Hawks to Airfix,so they've gone for an all-new kit.

Be nice if it is!

• 1 year later...

Interesting about the Alpha Jet, I have 4 or 5 of the originals intending doing them as African AF subjects. Saw on Hannants site yesterday that Berna has released a new sheet to cover African Alpha Jets, Nigeria, Cameroon, Ivory Coast and Togo which I've already done. Did allow myself a chuckle when I saw a Quatari option on the sheet.

• 3 months later...

Good afternoon

It should be available before the end of this year in at least 2 boxing :

one for the training version (French Air Force and Patrouille de France)

one for the attack version (German AIr Force Portugal etc ..)

Patrice

• Like 1

• 7 months later...