Thunderchief Family, F-105D, F & G

They are lovely :) I would like to build a Thud, which kit did yiu think was best? (easiest to build?)

cheers PC, As the Monogram/Revell kits are the same moulds, they`re about the same, but I`d go for the Revell F-105F/G Wild Weasel boxing if I had to buy just one, they`re cheap and the decal sheet is fantastic in options (5 off) and quality. hope this helps you, Thanks for looking. (and it hasn`t got bombs, I hate painting and glueing bombs)

Thanks for that Russ. I've looked everywhere though and cannot find the Revell kit. The only Thud in stock (1/48) is a 105D by Hobby Boss. I read a couple of reviews and the build seems okay. There is also a lot of aftermarket stuff for it too (cockpit, wheelbays etc) So I think I may go for that. Hope mine will turn out as good as yours! :) (Going to build an F-104 first though, as I already have that kit)

Hi Russ,

I've heard that the Revell kit needs the panel lines re-scribing because they are raised, is this true? Did you have to re-scribe? I only ask because I'm not that experienced and would probably mess it up. :) If so, I may still go for the HB model. Thanks for the link by the way - they have 6 in stock!

Hi Russ,

I've heard that the Revell kit needs the panel lines re-scribing because they are raised, is this true? Did you have to re-scribe? I only ask because I'm not that experienced and would probably mess it up. :) If so, I may still go for the HB model. Thanks for the link by the way - they have 6 in stock!

Hi PC, I don`t rescribe raised lines, what I do is sand them down to make them less prominent, then after painting I draw them in with a mechanical pencil and weather over them and highlight areas around access hatches, flying controls, wing roots etc.

Hope this helps.

• 2 weeks later...