Thunderchief Family, F-105D, F & G

Hi Everyone, Whilst I`m between builds and to test the new Photobucket I thought I`d show you my Thunderchief collection, so far:

firstly a family shot,

SAM_3852.jpg

then Monogram F-105D, built with kit decals (which were a swine to do as very old)

SAM_3843.jpg

mostly OOD except for the rocket pods and bombs which were from a Hasegawa weapons set

SAM_3844.jpg

just to make it a little different

SAM_3841.jpg

then Revell EF-105F, `Wild Weasel`

SAM_3854_zps7e905f2c.jpg

Done with one of the options that come on the decal sheet, but again with reworked armament to portray a a load more suitable for an `F`

SAM_3855_zps2e19b1b1.jpg

and lastly Revell F-105G, `Wild Weasel`

SAM_3857_zps22ebc6e8.jpg

this time with kit armament selection but aftermarket decals and fitted the crew as couldn,t be bothered to make seat belts

SAM_3859_zpseac26390.jpg

Hope you enjoy looking at probably my favourite `Jet` kit..

• Like 11

VERY nice indeed ! you can't beat the good old " Century Series " jets, and your collection is superb. How about a " Silver " F-105 from the 36th. or 49th. TFW ? :speak_cool:

Cheers `Starfighter`, I`ve actually got the decals for a silver example and a `D` to refurb as you suggest, (though will probably find another kit to build) going to do it with Bullpups to add more variety still! thanks for looking

Edited by russ c

Very nice collection!

did you do them (at least paint) them at the same time?

I have always trouble hitting exactly the same shade twice!

looks worth building and not necessarily overtaken by the much newer Hobbyboss version!

Edited by exdraken
  • Like 1

Great builds. One of my all time favoirite aircraft but I have only ever built a 1/72nd scale G and only have a Monogram 1/48th F in the stash. I must rectify this soon!

Andrew

• Like 1

Very nice collection!

did you do them (at least paint) them at the same time?

I have always trouble hitting exactly the same shade twice!

looks worth building and not necessarily overtaken by the much newer Hobbyboss version!

Thanks Exdraken, No, there`s about two years between them. Regarding paint shades: I don`t worry too much about them, as once an airframes been subjected to different amounts of sun and weather they can change drastically in some cases. thanks for looking

• Like 1

Absolutely awesome collection of Thuds. You've posted some cracking builds on Britmodeller and long may it continue. Inspirational work!

Cheers,

Jase.

Ditto, makes me want to continue my 'nam builds, all be it at a snails pace

• Like 1