De Havilland Mosquito FB Mk VI digital 3D work-in-progress

Skyraider3D

Thanks for your kind comments! I've yet to find the time to properly finish my Mosquito 3D model, as I've been busy with various other projects. Hopefully I'll get some time for it later this autumn.

3D can indeed present a steep learning curve. Accurate, detailed projects like these will always take a tremendous amount of time no matter what your software or skill level is. The Mosquito was over two months, full-time work. But I enjoyed it and the good thing about 3D is that it can be used again and again.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Excellent work Ronnie. I have seen 3d modeling before but you have taken it to a whole new level.... simply outstanding.

Sorry, I hadn't seen your message yet! Many thanks! :)

Another test render. I badly need to finish this model.

MosquitoFBMkVI_wip19.jpg

Edited by Skyraider3D
  • Like 1

Truly beautiful 3-D work! I'd love to do an Il-2 Shturmovik to that standard, but whilst I probably have the requisite skills (and programmes), I seriously doubt that I have the patience for such exacting work. I think I'll stick with my space warrior girls - easier to do (and more fun!).

Regards,

Jason

P.S. I just had another look at your site - superb stuff there, mate! I've seen some of your marvellous work on the Luft '46 site.

Edited by Learstang

Thanks Jason!

I often wish I'd chose a different direction - something less detailed and accurate. I'm a big fan of Wilf Hardy's work for instance: traditional paint (I'm tired of computer screens), more sketchy and yet all the action is there.

And recently I've been fiddling with egg plane ideas... just to take all the rivet counting out of the equation :) (impossible!)

zero_toon_web750.jpg

By the way, I did some new Luft'46-style work last spring. If you have Facebook please have a look at my page as it's there: http://www.facebook.com/AviationArt.Aero

Edited by Skyraider3D
  • Like 1

Well I have no real idea how this 3d modelling thingy works but I do know what looks beautiful and realistic and this fills that criteria to the brim and then overflows.

Beautiful stunning work. Love the way you can get the light to work with this and awesome levels of detail. Excellent stuff.

Cheers Bob.