Airfix 1/72 Hurricane Mk1

MPaul

Well started this on Friday afternoon, after picking it up for less than £3 from HobbyCraft.

Its the old tool, so I am sure most are aware of the kits shortcomings.

I built it OOB as an 87 Sqn bird, the only addition being some Tamiya tape seatbelts, some dials picked out on the IP using cocktail sticks, and a small bit of stretched sprue on top of the tail in order to attach the antenna cable.

I will upload better pictures when I can get some taken outside in natural light, but for now, her you all go:

20130210_184105_zps3f525fbe.jpg

20130210_184137_zps7bc4d426.jpg

20130210_183038_zps172c429b.jpg

20130210_184149_zpsddd1f249.jpg

20130210_184224_zpsc2bf95b8.jpg

• Like 3

Thanks for your comments guys.

Always appreciated.

Although its a basic kit, and obviously getting on, it still builds well with a bit of time spent. I painted the camo freehand by brush.

Although i confess to knocking this out over a two day period.

Its my second 1/72 of year, along with 3 1/144s since Christmas day.

Next up is an airfix mk1 spit, or possibly the revell Canberra Pr9 I have in the stash.

Edited by MPaul

Very nice mate :)

Went into my local Hobbycraft last week and they had FA in there, they've even got rid of the Revell 1/144's... Which has annoyed me. Still very nice model, one I'd be proud of! :)

Kind Regards

Dazz

The one in Inverness focuses mainly on Airfix kits, which isnt all bad now that new toolings are being released. They mainly have Revel 1/144 kits, with some of those same aircraft also in 1/72. Tamiya models are all WW2 with a few motorbikes.

Thanks for the comments. Certainly looks enough like a Hurricane to satsify me, and not have to buy the new tooling as soon as it comes out. Other models I want to make before that would happen.