World War 1

Panzer Vor!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,yes some more vehicles of WW1 era would be great.Unfortunately there appears to be little interest in the subject as the main interest lies from WW2 to present day,wonder what the reaction would be if Dragon or Tamiya tooled something up,and yet aircraft seem to be as popular as ever,look at the success of Wingnut Wings kits.Could it be they were not as involned in so many actions coming quite late into the war.Would it be a fantastic marketing point if somebody sat down and realised a profit potential for vehicles to sit alongside all those wonderful aircraft models or in their own right.

It will be interesting to see if anything appears within the next couple of years as it will 100 years since the start of that conflict,and interest will undoubtly peak during this period.

Dave.

I've got a set of British infantry & they're pretty nice although I replaced the heads with Hornet ones.

Would be nice if someone produced some WW1 stuff, although the Emhar kits can scrub up quite well.

MkIV076.jpg

Pete

• Like 1

I built one of the 1/35 scale Emhar male kits for my late father for fathers day back in the early 1990's. Drove over a big part of Dallas Texas to find one in a shop.

He grew up in the 30's and 40's so that's what a tank should look like. I would love to see kits of the armored cars made before and during The Big One.

Though it came to late to see duty, would like to have an inject plastic model of the Liberty tank.

• 1 month later...

I've been quietly hoping that Airfix might move into the world of WWI AFVs and figures.....But in 1/32 rather than 1/35.

There's a resin kit of the 'Liberty' in 1/76.....Milicast I think.

Edited by Sgt.Squarehead