Airfix 1/48th scale Seafire 47

Hello Folks,

Now that it has appeared in print within the latest issue of Airfix Modelworld magazine I`m free to share my 1/48th scale Airfix Seafire FR.47 model with those of you who don`t have a copy;

45_zpsfad58ff9.jpg

27lighter_zpsd35d4789.jpg

35lighter_zpsa32931f6.jpg

44lighter_zpse8496b53.jpg

51lighter_zpsddb02792.jpg

http://i262.photobucket.com/albums/ii87/tooley220/39lighter_zps9719adab.jpg

Plus an older model from the original boxing;

x-1_zpsef5549cf.jpg

and the Seafire FR.46;

x-2_zps8fdd51b2.jpg

Hope you like them,

All the best

Tony O

Edited by tonyot
  • Like 8

Cheers lads,

Glad you like it.

To answer your questions;

-For the panel lines I just scored along the lines using a knife and `spiked' the rivets and fasteners in order to open them up again after painting the model and this gives some purchase to a watercolour wash.

-The Griffon engine came as part of the resin upgrade parts in an older boxing of this kit- I think it was by Grand Phoenix.

-The figures are from an old PP Aeroparts set which is unfortunately no longer available- mores the pity as they are brilliant figures.

All the best and cheers again,

Tony O

Edited by tonyot

That's a real shame... Unless David at Flightpath has taken them over? Not looked at his website for a while now :hmmm:

EDIT: They do a line by Dartmoor Military models, which although not the same are similar subjects, with a brochure here. It's a PDF, and you can order either directly here, or from one of the distributors further down that page :)

Thank you folks for your very kind words.

Jonners, as stated earlier the only change is the decal options printed by Cartograph, which cover the Korean War aircraft that I`ve built (with a few additions from Freightdogs excellent sheet) and a Mk.46 flown by the CO of RNAS Lossiemouth, which is the same one that I`ve build but using aftermarket decals before this re released kit was available. The box art is pretty fab too and I`d definitely put a few away in the stash if I were you, you never know they may go down in price at some time and Hattons in Liverpool are always worth a try as they usually knock a few quid off!

Thanks again chaps,

All the best

Tony O