7and a half foot saturn V.....?GOTTA GET ONE OF THESE?AND THE ROCKET

jetboy

hI,GOING THROUGH THE WWW LAST NIGHT,the devil finding work for idle hands?,dont think i could afford one?,but might have to consider building one ,seven and a half foot high,saturn V,its gotta be a project before i die.As i cannot do links,though its worth looking at,look for sheris hot rockets.. http:/www.cjsaviation.com .CHEERS dON

this could work?

http://cjsaviation.com/

yee ha that works,its mindboggling that small success,s like that,really make my day? thanks BM,S HELP SECTION...Don

Edited by jetboy

• 4 weeks later...

Took me a while to spot the rockets lol. They are all awesome looking! Anyone look at the orbiter? It says its r/c- I'm assuming it separates from the stack and you fly it back down- how cool is that?

she looks like she'd like to polish your rocket!

HI,tell you what,i would like to know how she got that redstone looking so shiny,probably a bit more than brasso and mr sheen?....Don

• 2 weeks later...

Mmmm........... Nice ti...I mean kits!. Seriously though, this has given me a bit of modelling mojo back. I have plans to make use of my Atomic City Mercury capsule and build a 1/12 Mercury Redstone!!!!!!!! My plan is to get hold of the 1/48 David Weeks drawings (scaling them up to 1/12) and use them to build the booster. I am thinking of getting a 2m length of 6" rigid duct tubing and cutting it down to the reqiured 59" My only worry is "if' it ever gets done it will stand at 83" where the hell am I going to put it!!!???

• Like 1

Mmmm........... Nice ti...I mean kits!. Seriously though, this has given me a bit of modelling mojo back. I have plans to make use of my Atomic City Mercury capsule and build a 1/12 Mercury Redstone!!!!!!!! My plan is to get hold of the 1/48 David Weeks drawings (scaling them up to 1/12) and use them to build the booster. I am thinking of getting a 2m length of 6" rigid duct tubing and cutting it down to the reqiured 59" My only worry is "if' it ever gets done it will stand at 83" where the hell am I going to put it!!!???

That reminds me of the bloke who had a full-grown gorilla as a pet. His friend asked him: "Where does it sleep?"

The bloke replied: "Anywhere it flaming well likes!"

• Like 1

Hi Don,

5.83 ft is the exact diameter of the Redstone, but for 1/12 modelling purpose 6" is the nearest you can get. the height is 83.38 ft inc the capsule which is 24ft so 59'' in 1/12 will cover the booster. Your material will allow 1/16. Google 6" rigid duct tubing, works out at about £22 for 2 meters. I did look at custom postal tubing which is dirt cheap, but it's carboard so will be a pain to scribe or paint.