Sweet 1/144 FM-2 Wildcat

Been a while since I last posted, but here's the latest off the bench - Sweet's gorgeous little Wildcat. I shoe-horned in a RetroSF resin cockpit (actually for a Hellcat, but don't tell anyone!) and vacfomed my own sliding canopy section. I did thin down and polish the inner walls of the front section as I added a gunsight which itself is a little oversize, but works for me! I also made the antenna mast from brass rod and used some of Albion Alloys micro tube for the guns. I did however, totally screw-up the exquisite little carrier deck section so used a picture of one instead. The little cat is called Lucky. No, really, it says so on the boxart. It also came with 7 other little kitties in various guises: pilot, ground crew etc. Gotta love the Japanese!

IMG_6122_zps3d37002f.jpg

IMG_6124_zpse257eecc.jpg

IMG_6125_zps0798d47e.jpg

IMG_6126_zps0c4c4465.jpg

IMG_6128_zpsd2398c67.jpg

IMG_6133_zps29ec43f0.jpg

IMG_6132_zps69ba984c.jpg

Edited by MakingModelsAgain
  • Like 2

That is very very cool.

Was admiring the level of detail, and weathering, then I saw the picture of it in your hand. Never had an inkling until then that it was that small! Makes it all the more incredible how good that is.

Thanks guys! Appreciate all the nice comments and yes Nerf herder, I've got the X-Wing back on the list, but first is a super(ish) detailed Airfix Angel Interceptor... :)