Sukhoi Su-7 Resin Upgrades for Modelsvit Kit - 1:72 Pavla

Sukhoi Su-7 Resin Upgrades for Modelsvit Kit

1:72 Pavla

Su7ForModelvit1.jpg

Ukranian company Modelsvit’s new Su-7 kit was warmly welcomed when it was released last year. Although a limited run kit at heart, the kit is richly detailed and includes a generous array of ordnance. The kit even comes with an 8U69 tactical nuclear weapon complete with trolley. Now Pavla have released a series of upgrades for the basic kit, including a cockpit, nose cone and vacuum formed canopy.

Sukhoi Su-7BM Cockpit (for Modelsvit kit)

Su7ForModelvit2.jpg

The basis of the cockpit set is a large piece which forms the floor of the cockpit, as well as the nosegear bay and intake centrebody. Also included are the cockpit sidewalls, the rear bulkhead and decking, a replacement instrument panel and coaming, control column and rudder pedals. A resin ejector seat and a vacuum formed canopy round off the package.

Detail is delicately rendered and looks nice and sharp. The parts are very well cast and I couldn’t find any bubbles or flaws in my set. Unlike previous Pavla sets that I’ve reviewed, this one has been nicely packed with a piece of foam for protection, so the parts won’t rattle around. This seems like a small thing, but delicate resin parts are easily broken so it’s a welcome development.

bin.jpg

Sukhoi Su-7 Nosecone (for Modelsvit kit)

Su7ForModelvit3.jpg

If you’re going to order the cockpit (and why wouldn’t you) then you may as well pick up one of these at the same time. I don’t have the base kit to hand, so I can’t comment on the difference between the kit part and this resin alternative, but for the price I’m pretty sure you can’t go wrong.

bin.jpg

Sukhoi Su-7 Canopy (for Modelsvit kit)

Su7ForModelvit4.jpg

The vacuum formed canopy included with the cockpit set is also available as a separate item. If you don’t fancy the whole cockpit, then you might want to pick this up instead. It’s cheap as chips and will help spruce up the base kit no end.

bin.jpg

Conclusion

A resin cockpit is always worth considering as it’s a focal point for most kits. This looks pretty good, and if my own experience is anything to go by, it should fit in the kit pretty well. The seat is excellent, and the resin nosecone looks great too. Recommended.

Review samples courtesy of logo.gif