This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

Peter Steiner

P-47D Thunderbolt 1/72 Tamiya "The Down Necker"

Outstanding metallic finish and an excellent choice of markings. I have a few Tamiya P-47s to do myself, hope I can get half a nice a finish as you have there! :thumbsup2:

Pete,

Welcome and as others have commented - Great build. Can you tell me what Alclad you used as the base NMF colour, was it the Aluminium White?.

Must say that looks like the perfect shade for 1/72. Some other "Silvers" seem to be a tad dark.

Cheers. Dave.

Edited by Rabbit Leader

Lovely and particularly impressive given its in 1/72. Looking forward to seeing your future projects.

Just wonderful - really stunningly beautiful work! Great variation in tones.

Pete,

Welcome and as others have commented - Great build. Can you tell me what Alclad you used as the base NMF colour, was it the Aluminium White?.

Must say that looks like the perfect shade for 1/72. Some other "Silvers" seem to be a tad dark.

Cheers. Dave.

Hi Dave,

Thanks for yr comment. Exactly like you wrote, I used White Aluminium Alclad as base and Polished and Dark Aluminium (aluminium mix with ~3% black) for distinguishing the panels. After that, I made thin lines of Tamiya X-19 smoke inside the panel lines to make shade effect.

Hope it helps :)

Cheers, Peter

Peter,

Thanks for your reply.. Must get me some of that Alclad stuff.. Cheers and I'd go the Mitchell as well. Dave.

Awesome Thunderbolt !! can`t believe it`s 72nd too !

Truely fantastic work, paint job just puts it into real Competition Class. Wonderful paintwork and I agree with the others, it looks bigger than 1:72nd.

10 out of 10 and thanks

David

I had to bump this one up because it's just too good. :)

An astounding paint job on a 1/72 scale that, as others have said, makes it look bigger that it actually is.

When I grow up I want to be able to do 1/72 and natural metal finishes like this. :thumbsup:

Peter, you really did a nice airbrush job. This NMF surface is finished with flair. Indeed as a living JUG!

I hope you will present your actual project here in a short time. :)

Pavol