Revell 1/32 Lynx HAS.3

gregg136

So while waiting for the orange to dry on the new Vampire I decided to open up one of the Lynx's' in a rapidly expanding stash.
1f75d2ef-bd4c-4337-bdc7-682ba6729a0b_zps

Cabin floor painted and the centre console and Left Collective placed.

4089b52f-107f-4434-865d-2d494986467b_zps

Cabin ceiling covering

4886eb8e-bd78-49e1-897e-7d776543d592_zps

Rear cabin covering

61f68a41-9361-48bb-bef2-80800804fcc3_zps

Cabin coming along, the seat frames are built up and one is painted ready for the covers to be added and then the pedals and control column. Then a bit of tidying up on the rough edges. I'm not predicting a quick build, so far it's hand painted with enamels (forgot how good they are) but hopefully I'll have an airbrush soon (I lack the sanity to even contemplate hand painting the entire thing) so I'll be wanting some practice on a few little kits before going near this.

I'm still deciding which one to do I'm leaning towards the Black Cat finish, I have the other kit with the HMA.8 nose so that's a possibility (I'm not going for an entirely accurate model so if there's a sensor on the 8 that isn't on this it wouldn't bother me.

Big thanks to Lynx7 for his answer to the question here, that saved me looking at comparison charts.

Looking good so far thats for sure.

Will be interested to see how this builds compared to recent airfix lynx kits, in so far as how detailed/accurate the kit is. I appreciate this is a different scale to recent airfix WIPs.

Look forward to watching this progress.

Thanks.

The sheer number of parts is quite daunting but it's all going together pretty easy, the rear cabin wall was a bit of a tight fit into the floor and the instrument panel tests the patience since all the dials are separate.

Taking a break tonight got the left seat in place and painted (pics to follow)

Going to follow with great interest. Love watching the Lynx at airshows and saw this advertised and was suprised that a kit of this scale was as cheep. Thanks for sharing.