Cold War Aircraft Modeller 2 - Gloucester Model Show and other info...

Spence

Hi everyone - I hope that you are well!

Well, at last Issue 2 of Cold War Aircraft Modeller is now finished and at the printers! I can now finally draw up a complete list of reserved copies for both the Cosford Show and the Milton Keynes event. As I am in Germany, Haris Ali has agreed to deal with the sales of the magazine at Cosford and will have a list of reserved copies so you can pick them up exactly as you didn't at the Nationals, though this time, from the Shropshire Scale Modellers stand in Hanger 1 - anyone who wants to buy one without reservation will be able to do so, so long as there are some left. Please, if you are planning on picking one up at Cosford, let me know and I will ensure that it is reserved for you. As there are so few of these, I want to make sure everyone that wants a copy, gets a copy! I will then do the same in Milton Keynes.

As for postal orders, I am now happy to take payments for the new issue and will then post them out after I get back from Germany - the cost and rates of postage are as follows and as before, you can pay via Paypal.

The magazine costs £8 with an additional charge of £1.50 in the UK £3.50 anywhere in Europe and £4.50 over the rest of the world to cover the cost of postage. In order to pay for this, you will need access to a Paypal account as this is the only way that I’m able to take payments at the moment. If you have, my Paypal account is [email protected] You can deposit the funds directly into that account and also leave your full address details.

I look forward to hearing from you and I really hope that you enjoy the new issue of Cold War Aircraft Modeller.

Spence :)

8572547506_7904bf80cc.jpg

Hey everyone!

The next issue will go on sale at the Cosford show at the weekend, so if you are attending and would like a copy, please visit the Shropshie Scale Modeller’s stand in Hanger 1 (they’ll be in front of the main doors at the front end of the hanger) where you will find Haris Ali (I'll be in Germany this weekend at another show). He will be able to sell you a copy direct. If you’ve reserved a copy, please let him know and he will mark you off the list – if you would like to reserve a copy, please let me know and I will add you to the list. As this will be ‘first come, first served’, I want to make sure that if you want one, you get one! Everyone that has reserved one on here is guaranteed to get a copy - just make sure that you visit him on Sunday; I've sent him a list on names with simple reservations and those that have also paid - just tell Haris who you are, whether you've paid or not and you are good to go! :)

If you are not visiting this show, I will be attending the Milton Keynes event and so can sell a copy to you there from the same club stand. Please let me know and I will reserve one – I’m not sure how many I will have left by then!

If you would like a copy posting out and you haven’t already paid via Paypal (and so are not already on my reserved list) here’s what you need to do:

The magazine costs £8 with an additional charge of £1.50 in the UK £3.50 anywhere in Europe and £4.50 over the rest of the world to cover the cost of postage. In order to pay for this, you will need access to a Paypal account as this is the only way that I’m able to take payments at the moment. If you have, my Paypal account is [email protected] You can deposit the funds directly into that account and also leave your full address details. As soon as the magazine is back from the printers I will send your copy over to you!

I hope that this helps! If you have already been in touch, thanks a lot and please, ignore this letter as you are already on my reservation list, either for pick-up on Sunday or via Paypal/postage.

Thank you very much for taking an interest in my magazine and I hope that you enjoy Issue 2!

Spencer

8618074229_241158ea94.jpg

I picked up my copy,as ordered, today at Cosford,thanks.

Picked up my copy at Cosford too, very good indeed. Nice to

see Mike McEvoy back in print too! Hope he is a regular.

Great stuff

Cheers, Paul

Thanks very much! I'm pleased that you both grabbed your copies!

I'm really pleased that you like the new edition. I'm really proud of the way that the magazine has developed and hope that the changes that I've made and the way I've presented the material, reflect that. I also hope you are happy with the quality of the printing, the layout and design and the way the models look - all of which I feel, should combine to create a pleasing looking magazine. I hope I achieved that aim! As for Mike - yes, I'm utterly delighted to have him in this issue and hope he will be happy to do more. I always loved his Tailpiece in SAM and felt modellers reading CWAM would also like to see his thoughts once again in print!!!

Thanks everyone and cheers for the feedback.

Spence, any idea when the posted copies will be sent out, got nothing to read at the moment :)

Hi Tony - I only got them back just before Cosford and then went straight to Germany. I'll be sorting them out some time over the next few days and so you should have your copy within the next week or so. Any probs, let me know...

Spence

Cold War Aircraft Modeller - Updated Information

Just a quick note to let those who have ordered a copy of Issue 2 of my magazine, that the 'bubble mailers' have finally arrived this morning and so I will be able to post out your copies next week. Sorry for the delay, but I wanted to ensure that the copies arrived in great shape - something not possible with a standard envelope! Now that I know where to get these protective envelopes from, this will be the way all copies are dispatched from now on - I hope you all approve!

If you haven't yet contacted me, but you want a copy, please let me know and I'll send you all of the details and if you have reserved a copy, but need to know how to pay, or want to reserve a copy to be picked up at Milton Keynes next week, let me know too!

Thanks a lot! :)

8618074229_241158ea94.jpg

Got mine at Cosford last week and finally had time to read it properly - this is a great magazine, beautifully produced and a thumping good read :) Well done Spence - I look forward to issue #3 - no pressure ;)

That's very nice of you - I'm so pleased that you like it! I'm sorry that I missed everyone at Cosford, but hopefully will have a chance to see everyone at Milton Keynes this weekend instead! Thanks very much for your support and buying my magazine - I'd best get cracking on the next one!!! :)

Spence

Hi everyone - just a quick not to let all UK customers and those in the United States that you copies have all now been posted out and you should receive them soon. Those that have ordered from elsewhere will have their copies placed in the post tomorrow - just so that I don't overload the poor guys and girls in the Post Office!

So of you reserved copies for the Milton Keynes show and I'm delighted that I will be able to hand over yours personally at the event. I'm also delighted to announce that Paul from Little Cars will have some of the magazines for sale from his stand, so if you don't bump into me, please grab a copy from him!

I think that's just about it... If I think of anything else, I'll let you know!

Spence

All paid-for copies of Cold War Aircraft Modeller have now been posted out. I hope you enjoy the magazine and please, let me know what you think of it as I'm always looking for feedback!

Have a great weekend, and if you're going, I'll see you in Milton Keynes!