A Stoffänhanger - Special Armour 1/72

petr@SpecialHobby

Hello all,

now I would like to present to you our new project relating to the V2 programme. It is the A-Stoffänhanger,

in 1/72 scale of course, and here you can find first pictures from the 3D software. It is quite possible that we will continue and make some other equipment for the V2 missiles.

Regards

Petr@MPM

AStof02_zpsc50e0f57.jpg

AStof03_zps8644639b.jpg

AStoffaumlnhanger01_zps5ba24793.jpg

• Like 3

Hiya,

Well what can I say to that,but outstanding! If it's anything like the Meilerwagen quality it'll be a mazing! I still think you'll be doing a great dis-service to modellers if you don't continue the V2 equipment as we really can't make the whole set-up with just the few items you are getting ready to produce! You really have to consider the rest of the equipment used to launch these missiles! I noticed while researching a long list of items that there was a vehicle which carried cables,a small generator on wheels which would have been moved by hand I believe. A must has to be the fire control half track Sdkfz 7..I am thinking maybe it would be a good idea to save time and effort creating yet another Sdkfz 7 half track you might do well to produce one of your wonderful upgrades in some form of media. The strange structure on the half track frame is an important part of the whole launch system and is very noticeable,there was actually two versions I believe. One of the fuel tankers is already available from another plastic model maker as part of an airfield ground set. The other tanker was a resin kit and also a plastic injection molded kit,but was very hard to get hold of. As I noted before there was an extendable pole on the side of the launch platform that attached to the rocket and fell away as it took off with wires attached. The achohol tankers and T.Stoff tankers with trailers,which I have never seen in model form are a must. Now you have started down this road with the V2 equipment it will be a great disappointment if we only get part of the system. Albeit very wonderfully produced. If it had just been the launch table,V2,Vidalwagen and meilerwagen maybe it would have sufficed,but now we have the hanomag tractor and the A stoffhanger we really need the rest of it to look anywhere near realistic.All the tankers and vehicles are essential! And the mobile crane!! We could do with the smaller field crane as well for arming the warheads.

I spent years studying these rockets and everything to do with them. I always wanted the complete launch system..I'm sure I'm not the only one!

Keep up the amazing work..Well done and thank you!!

Steve in the USA.

• Like 2

Dear Steve, thanks again for your kind words and all that suggestions as for our next production. Be sure, you and all modellers of course as well, that we will gladly inform you about all of our new models and projects, when the right time comes.

It is alway very nice to see that modellers are so great enthusiasts with so deep historical and technical knowledge.

Kind regards!

Petr@MPM

Edited by petr@MPM

• 2 months later...

Excellent kit! I am looking fwd. to it. Just a small hint: There is a little air pressure tank under the turntable for the trailer breaks, its not very good visible on the trailer but it does exist. I cant tell if you know about it since your 3 D views doesnt show this area. Hope you will do more V2 related kits in the future. I have to agree with Steve from USA, there is still some essential equipment to complete the rocket unit. esp. the pump trailer for the alcohol (B Stoff) and the T Stoff preheater trailer (in cold weather conditions), since they would be at the firing position too. BTW the often mentioned (and in "Operation Backfire pictured) alcohol trailer was non-standard. It was maybe only used for the Operation Backfire postwar, its not listed in the official list of all V2 related vehicles and equipment, from the Wehrmacht, which I have as a copy. Instead were was another Opel Blitz B-Stoff tank truck (with different body as the Kfz 384).

Regards, Juergen Kurz

Hello all,

since MPM ist preparing more V2 related stuff in 1/72 I ve uploaded some scale drawings (however in 1/76) I made a while ago to share, for everyone interested:

https://www.box.com/s/mwq6e9px1lj1mpvivz3x

They are about the pump trailer for the B-Stoff (alcohol), the T-Stoff preheater trailer (used at cold weather conditions), and the big 2axle cable carrier trailer.

All this trailers were never released in kit form, they would have been all at the firing postion around or near the rocket.

Maybe something for MPM in the future too?

Enjoy!

Regards, Juergen Kurz from Salzburg, Austria

• Like 1

Thank you Petr that sounds promising. I have a lot more detail info on the trailers which would help to make good kits, for instance interior views of the pump trailer etc plus photos on all. I cant post this info here/ at the public because of Museum copywright, but its available for personal use if granted not to pass it around. In any case (for instance for MPM/Petr for a Master Model) send me a PM.

Today I have uploaded another drawing, same link as above, it is from the Pos 110 1axle small cable drum trailer. It was towed by the Steyr Generator truck and carried the cable connections between the Steyr and the rocket.

Regards,

Juergen Kurz

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 6 months later...