Lynx Single Type GB

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi Everyone, I've been looking at the GB calender and we're looking a bit thin towards the second half of this year . Depending on the thoughts of everyone who want tot take part we could bring forward the start of this one. Even to as early as mid July or August if desired

Your views as I know many people organise their builds around the GB dates

No Lynx on my behalf until late autumn, I'm afraid. I have to finish the models I am building now before I can start a new one.

Nils

• 4 months later...

G'day Mish,

Count me in for the Lynx GB please. I'll be cracking on with the Airfix 1/48 kit in Danish Mk.90B colours. I've no idea if I'll leave it alone re aftermarket.

Hopefully I'll be adding to the numbers represented from the antipodes.

Cheers

Mick

Edited by Mick Drover
  • Like 1

Thanks for the info Jens. What errors does the sheet have? Biggies or littlies?

Cheers

Mick

The colours of the unit/squadron badges are wrong. Compare the decals to this picture:

Lynx_5315_1000jj.jpg

The other things are minor (e.g. the font type is slightly off). However, as I'm with the 723 Sqn (Danish Lynx unit) I have to build a correct Danish version. ;)

Jens

Two months to go, dug the big 1:32 Lynx out of the box today for a look see, gonna get a couple of extras for it at Telford

Hi Mish. So what have you found to add the the 32nd Lynx kit???? I might be interested too.

Colin

OK, decission time Airfix Lynx with the Belcher Bits G-LYNX conversion, Mike at Belcher will have the sets at Telford or the Revell (German Navy) kit with a bit of conversion work on the nose in RN markings?????

Colin

• Like 1

Both? :whistle:

Antony

Bugger off Anthony! I'm stuck with one or the other, there's just not enough room on the modelling bench. I like th elook of th e Revel kit but know how good the Airfix kit is once it's built

Colin

Colin has just informed me of this group build. How did I miss it???

I guess I'll have to chuck something together. Might even motivate me to convert either the Airfix or the Revell to a Wildcat eventually :-D

Bugger off Anthony! I'm stuck with one or the other, there's just not enough room on the modelling bench. I like th elook of th e Revel kit but know how good the Airfix kit is once it's built

Colin

That's me told! I'm sure whichever one you build will be absolutely fantastic.

Antony

Colin has just informed me of this group build. How did I miss it???

I guess I'll have to chuck something together. Might even motivate me to convert either the Airfix or the Revell to a Wildcat eventually :-D

Great to have you aboard, a Wildcat conversion would be amazing to see.

Antony

• 1 month later...