As a result of the close-down of the UK by the British Government last night, we have made all the Buy/Sell areas read-only until we open back up again, so please have a look at the announcement linked here.

This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

AnonymousDFB1

A-4 Skyhawk Single Type Group Build

Hi Guys,

With sadness in my hart I have decided that I will not attend to this GB. I have got some projects to do/finish for Telford in November and want to make the best of it. I will be still be watching this one. Have a great build everybody.

Cheers,

Edited by Arniec

Sorry to hear that Arnold, there should be a few builds.

Well I now have a choice of two, the 1:72 Airfix boxing which I will probably do using the Argentinian option. And a 1:72 Italeri OA-4M. Might do both but not decided yet.

Sorry to hear that Arnold, there should be a few builds.

Well I now have a choice of two, the 1:72 Airfix boxing which I will probably do using the Argentinian option. And a 1:72 Italeri OA-4M. Might do both but not decided yet.

Is the OA-4 the latest release ? Knew it was due sometime this year, is it out yet ? I have a wicked plan to buy one and convert it into a TA-4... or just build a TA-4KU (just needs new decals)

Eh - missed this one completely! I like Skyhawks...

Lousy record on GBs - but I may be in with a Trumpeter 1:32 A-4...

Iain

Ex RAN Skyhawk maintenance engineer.

I better put my hand up for this one or I'll have to hand in my badge!

Hasegawa TA-4J converted to "my" TA-4G 881 ok?

Cheers

Yep I just got a delivery from buy 4 less didn't know it was a new moulding

Thanks Mish !

Unfortunately it's not a new moulding, it's probably 20 or so year old but it's just being reissued this year.

Thanks for the info, I've compaired the Airfix and Italeri side my side and I have to say the Airfix looks good against it, not that the Italeri is bad.

Hiya, can I join please? Probably with the new Airfix kit. Not sure ill be threatening the leader board but will be fun to get involved with everyone!

Cheers

Val

Hi Everyone, I've been looking at the GB calender and we're looking a bit thin. I've spoken with the hosts and depending on the thoughts of everyone who want tot take part we could bring forward the start of this one. Even to as early as mid June if desired

Your views as I know many people organise their builds around the GB dates

Works for me, I'll just swap it in the build calendar with an A-1 I was planning... Or build them simultaneously, both as USN birds...

probably won't be too much of a deal with me, having multiple builds all going on at once seem to be the norm for me.

I'll have 4 going at once later in the year!!! :frantic:

Not sure what to build yet, but am leaning towards an RNZAF beasty, maybe a TA-4K in 50th anniversary colours.....GOLD all over!

My modelling is on hold until mid-June, but anytime after that works fine for me :)

Managed to pick up a Hobbycraft kit with the Aggresor markings so count me in.

No problem here with an early start. I have an old Esci kit in the stash that could be started immediately. Have yet to decide the markings: USN? RAN? RNZAF?

Hello

I'd like to join please. I would like to do an Argentine Skyhawk in 1/72, Airfix kit, not sure if it will be a P or a Q yet, just got the Aztec decals Falklands war decals and trying to decide. Happy to start whenever if you bring the date forward.

Thanks

Segan

Hi Everyone, I've been looking at the GB calender and we're looking a bit thin. I've spoken with the hosts and depending on the thoughts of everyone who want tot take part we could bring forward the start of this one. Even to as early as mid June if desired

Your views as I know many people organise their builds around the GB dates

Bring it on! I've got loads of Scooters just waiting to be built! :yahoo:

Jens

I would like to do an Argentine Skyhawk in 1/72, Airfix kit, not sure if it will be a P or a Q yet, just got the Aztec decals Falklands war decals and trying to decide.

Why not do both, then you won't have the agonies of choice. ;)

You know you want to... :wicked:

It would probably rule me out as I've 2 builds in the Hornet group build that will eat into most of the first 2 months if it's started soon.

It would be a shame but the majority vote has to be the decider.

Pete