Italeri Hurricane Mk 1 1/48

Sean_M

LEARNING TO MODEL WITHOUT BREATHING

I promised you guys an update. As you know I have been working on seat bealts in the hopp that with a few addition I can do a better job with the OOB cockpit rather than the Aires.

Here is a lap belt

lapseatbelt1.jpg

I have yet to paint/dry brush/wash it

I ahve gone through tear/fustration/loss/anger/pain (glued fingers) and about every emotion I can think of. However after about a hundred tries here is perhaps a workable prota-type. I made this using Tamaya tape, 5ma fuse wire and superglue. You loose most of the raw materials to the carpet moster, general errors and &**((@. This is mainly cuased by breathing on the thing yu are trying to create. While the art of flyong is not to thinl about hitting the ground - Douglas Adams - A Hitchhikers guide to the galaxy. The art of the seatbelt is not to breath!

Ok tear it apart and tell me what you think

Yours

Sean

COMPLETED SET SUTTON

Ok I know this looks a bit rough, but I reckon once on the seat and given the size they will look ok. I am not sure if I could do mcuh better. I have created so many belts it's not funny.

Comments? Please?

sutton_harness.jpg

Edited by Sean_M

Hey Sean

The harness looks good and I appreciate how much time and effort it's taken to complete it. I think once you have it attached to the seat ( are you gonna use the kit seat or resin one?) it will look even better...I like the fact that you put a penny by it for scale, nice touch!

Keep up the good work.

Yours aye

Iain

The problem I am having is that the Tamiya tape is tearing when I cut it. at 1/48 scale things are very small. I have become quite adept at making the adjusters out of fuse wire and tin foil. I bought some standard masking tape today and want to give that a go. I am also pondering if brown post envelops may be a better base material. I feel that I am close, but under scrutiny the current finish is not acceptable.

I want to use the OOB cocpit and replace or add the following:

1. Replace Sutton Harness with Scratch built one

2. Replace gun site with Scratchbuilt one

3. Replcae Joystick with Scratchbuilt one - angle and add chain

3. Replace Trim Tab Wheel

4. Modify Top of rudder pedal straps

5. Add flat surface to top of cockpit fraime on sides.

6.Perhaps add a little wiring with very th 5a fuse wire as per Aires Cockpit

Edited by Sean_M

Sean, see if you can get hold of a scalpel & blades. It may sound like overkill, but the tape shouldn't tear if you're using a fresh scalpel blade to cut it. Although the harness that you have here looks pretty good to me, better than most of my efforts of using tape!

Chris

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...