F-313 New Iranian Fighter

Andrew Jones

It's a model, mock up of perhaps an idea to intimidate the Western world. Trouble is, the area rule doesn't seem right to me. Plus, the undercarriage looks like a simple form of dolly, the likes you have on a R/C aircraft.

Still, goes to show what they are thinking of anyway.

Reminds me of the late , great ,Raymond Baxter who once described an exhibit on a TV programme from the Farnborough Air Show as , " A cock-up of a mockpit ".

• Like 2

Either that guy is 8 feet tall, or that is the smallest ejector seat in the world. :D

The aircraft itself looks like a toy: Fiberglass skin with very little inside. Check out the official image on page one and it clear to see that it is lacking a few things: like avionics. :banghead:

Either that guy is 8 feet tall, or that is the smallest ejector seat in the world. :D

The aircraft itself looks like a toy: Fiberglass skin with very little inside. Check out the official image on page one and it clear to see that it is lacking a few things: like avionics. :banghead:

He does look a bit large for the cockpit, doesn't he?

iran5_zpsd75b922f.jpg

Cheers,

Bill

One wonders whether the rudder pedals are actually for pedalling the aircraft down the taxiway? Seriously (no, really), this looks ripped-off from Firefox. I can only assume the video is purely for local consumption, in the hope it'll make people feel protected. Oh, dear...

Err...has What If III started already? Does Mish know?!

When I read this was launched to commemorate the 1979 revolution, I figured that's the year they got the 'in flight' video from. I was expecting the A-Team van to race by, with oil drums exploding all around them...

• Like 1

They would have done better by sticking a plywood skin over an old F5 and taxiing it around.

Duncan B

Just a thought though, maybe that is the real size and they have a regiment of 10 year old pilots hidden away! Cancel that, I've just seen the cockpit photos and I have to say some of my 1/72 kits have more detail than that.

Edited by Duncan B
  • Like 1

Bigger picture here, straight from the Iranian MOD website

313thumb_zps1fecc96c.jpg

Click the image above for bigger version - I put it on photobucket because the servers in Tehran must be running over a piece of wet string (original image here http://mod.ir/sites/default/files/news/f313.16.jpg)

Chris

Direct wire control by Ayatollah? :analintruder:

• Like 1

If you could even get your legs under the instrument panel, would you risk ejecting?

11923af5b5fa2b04a47ebe6f0ca0f122.jpg

Oh, wait, they are recruiting aircrew from the original airfix hawk....! (;))

:rofl: :rofl :rofl:

Q-313-4-460x320.jpg

On the plus side, if anyone did want to superdetail that cockpit, all they'd need is two strands of wire, one blue, one brown... oh, hang on!! Maybe it's electrically powered, and at the other end of those cables there's a plug. After a (very short) sortie, just reverse into the hangar and plug it in!

• Like 3

The whole instrument panel relies on bluetooth and wlan-technology, which is much more sophisticated than the western, imperialistic hard-wired instuments they use since WW2! The two cables are just the power supply! And, if you look closely, the middle MFD looks like a Samsung Galaxy. Which means, Iran can also produce world-class smartphones! (but the device below looks more like the cassette player I had in my old Toyota... maybe, the newest "greatest hits in farsi" is not available on CD yet? Well, that is disappointig!)

Alex

If you could even get your legs under the instrument panel, would you risk ejecting?

11923af5b5fa2b04a47ebe6f0ca0f122.jpg

Oh, wait, they are recruiting aircrew from the original airfix hawk....! ( ;))

Look at the sidewall, the Hasegawa 1/72 Bf109 has more detail than that. I was once in a canoe with thicker sidewalls, they're having a laugh. Little wonder the big boss man said it was a "symbol of Peace" in his statement to the Press, I'm not sure I'd go along with his idea of it being a deterrent though as Boy Scouts with air rifles could put holes in that.

Duncan B

Edited by Duncan B