F-313 New Iranian Fighter

Andrew Jones

Der Speigel is showing a video of the unveiling of a "new" Iranian fighter, the F-313, interesting shape , don't know about anyone else but Firefox springs to mind. Possibly a mock-up ,but interesting never the less.

http://www.spiegel.de/video/iran-praesentiert-angeblich-neuen-kampfjet-video-1251305.html

Andrew

It looks like it has been built in someone's shed out of 2x4 and flexible plywood.

Dreadful sub-scale pastiche composite of various current designs.

I think the TSR2 has more chance of flying than this thing.

Bigger picture here, straight from the Iranian MOD website

313thumb_zps1fecc96c.jpg

Click the image above for bigger version - I put it on photobucket because the servers in Tehran must be running over a piece of wet string (original image here http://mod.ir/sites/default/files/news/f313.16.jpg)

Chris

Edited by cheeley

The air intakes might just be big enough to feed an RR Viper.

One of those little ranging radars from the Mig-21f-13 may just squeeze into the nose.

But what is going on with those wings?

The aerofoil section doesn't look particularly effecient for high speed or stealth. Perhaps the profile is to compensate for the lack of span.

Iran's answer to the Marauder perhaps??

I like the Palouste in the top left corner. More hot air from the Leadership!

http://mod.ir/sites/default/files/news/f313.16.jpg

Edited by bentwaters81tfw
  • Like 1

Me too tbh.

The cockpit seems way to small to have anything in it,and if it does, the jockey was too high up in the thing to reach any of it.

The 'in flight' video seems conveniently all flat out. No videos of it taxiing, or taking off etc, i think thats a model in flight tbh.

The other thing that makes me think its not real, when the turntable stops in that vid (it looks like to prevent the pitot cracking the guy in the head), look how the aircraft sways from the sudden stop. Not an easy task for a heavy aircraft.

• Like 2

Me too tbh.

The cockpit seems way to small to have anything in it,and if it does, the jockey was too high up in the thing to reach any of it.

The 'in flight' video seems conveniently all flat out. No videos of it taxiing, or taking off etc, i think thats a model in flight tbh.

The other thing that makes me think its not real, when the turntable stops in that vid (it looks like to prevent the pitot cracking the guy in the head), look how the aircraft sways from the sudden stop. Not an easy task for a heavy aircraft.

After seeing the video, I cannpt agree more. The inflight video is definitely a model, and the turntable shake also gives it away.

it looks like one of those cheap & cheerful chinese models you get in stores like 'The Works' or 'Boyes,' I imagine that would be labelled as "modern stealth fighter" Probably a mix of F-22/35 and the Boeing Bird of Prey and strong paint fumes went into the design of this.

Don't knock it, this is one fine, fine, piece of engineering...

Just joking, it does look like an inflatable.

And if the Iranian secret police are reading this thread, they said it not me.........

Judging by the look of the cockpit sidewalls, this puppy is made out of fibreglas.

iran4_zpse551c20f.jpg

Lots of room left on the instrument panel for an 8-track tape deck. And how exactly is the canopy secured when it is lowered? Check out the rather permanent attachment of the "ejection seat" to the "airframe." Yep, this one is a mock-up for sure. That's not to say they haven't flown a model of this shape, but this display model is not flying anytime soon.

Cheers,

Bill

Edited by Navy Bird