1/48 - MiG-21MF "Fishbed-J" & Chengdu J-7III (J-7C/D) by Trumpeter - J-7III released

Homebee

At Nürnberg Toy fair 2013.

1/48th MiG-21MF "Fishbed-J" by Trumpeter - ref.02863

Source: http://www.primeportal.net/models/thomas_voigt7/trumpeter/

The test shot

trumpeter_05_of_42.jpg

trumpeter_08_of_42.jpg

For my part I don't see the interest of this future kit as the Eduard MiG-21MF is not only top but readily available and at good price.

V.P.

MattMemory2.jpg

Edited by Homebee

That is a dull image! Not good at all. Let's face it, the purpose of box art is to get the customer's attention, ideally it should have some real impact, see the Airfix Dambuster Lancaster art for a good example. I suppose if you're buying online it wouldn't make much difference, but in a shop? This could be a bad move by Trumpeter.

Sorry to butt in here as I'm very new to the hobby but are you lot for real?

I thought I would join , read, enjoy ,pick up hints and tips on how to build the three kits I have and hopefully become a useful member of the forum but all I see is a lot of negative things about kits which I like the look of but are according to some and its the same people time and time again are wrong.In my job of demolition when you get shown a picture of something you can make a rough very rough assesment of the job but you have to wait until onsite to be able to see exactly whats what some on here just have to glance at a photo of a new aircraft model to say its wrong here there everywhere and not worth getting. And now the boxes are getting picked on.There is somebody writing that a new kit of a sea heron is not to his liking as he doesnt like resin.

I cant see a lot of reason to build anything as i get the feeling somebody is just going to just pick anything to bits.

I'm not sure if I can handle all the continuing persistant unrelenting negativity.

• Like 3

Sorry to butt in here as I'm very new to the hobby but are you lot for real?

I thought I would join , read, enjoy ,pick up hints and tips on how to build the three kits I have and hopefully become a useful member of the forum but all I see is a lot of negative things about kits which I like the look of but are according to some and its the same people time and time again are wrong.In my job of demolition when you get shown a picture of something you can make a rough very rough assesment of the job but you have to wait until onsite to be able to see exactly whats what some on here just have to glance at a photo of a new aircraft model to say its wrong here there everywhere and not worth getting. And now the boxes are getting picked on.There is somebody writing that a new kit of a sea heron is not to his liking as he doesnt like resin.

I cant see a lot of reason to build anything as i get the feeling somebody is just going to just pick anything to bits.

I'm not sure if I can handle all the continuing persistant unrelenting negativity.

Jesus............are you for real? Ok you're new to the hobby but surely you must understand that on these forums people discuss both the positive and negative aspects of a kit. Surely this can't be your first time on a forum? You can't have been living in a bubble.

What's wrong with people saying they don't like the box art? That's a perfectly valid comment or do you want people to only say postive nice things all the time. Why is people making comments about a new kit going to affect you building anything? I don't think I've ever seen anyone on here criticizing somebody's build and people are generally (if not always) encouraging about that anyway.

And for the record........I don't like resin either. I only build plastic kits and there's nothing wrong with me or anyone else saying that. Not everyone has to like resin kits.

• Like 1

When your looking through the shelves and you see this box; http://www.amazon.co.uk/Airfix-Avro-Lancaster-For-Geo/dp/B0009E36K8

And then see the one posted earlier, I would be more inclined to choose the more dramatic art, it catches the eye better and would be more likely to be sold. Anyway, that's just my view of things...

• 11 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...

Well if the 4-views drawings reflect the CAD model from which the kit has been tooled, there's no way I'm going to buy this kit. The front fuselage reminds me of the 1/72 KP MiG-21MF: skinny nose, bulbous canopy. Wow...

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...