1/48 - Northrop YF-23 Black Widow by Hobby Boss - released

Homebee

Dave, we were talking about the 1:32 P-61 Black Widow, not the aircraft that should have won the compeition for new fighter instead of the F-22. IMHO.

Dave, we were talking about the 1:32 P-61 Black Widow, not the aircraft that should have won the compeition for new fighter instead of the F-22. IMHO.

Really???? its says Black Widow so i presumed ................................ and got it wrong again :chair:

I hope that it is good as the F-3...

I can see building these if so:

http://s362974870.onlinehome.us/forums/air/index.php?showtopic=89934&view=findpost&p=1266036 Israeli

http://s362974870.onlinehome.us/forums/air/index.php?showtopic=89934&st=160&p=1295879entry1295879 JASDF Now that MR> Hobby has done the Blue/Blue paint, I have a lot of whatifs that need starting.

Oh and for markings: http://www.dxmdecal.com/p/product_29.html DXM decals

I will still get Zactoman's(Chis's) 1/32 YF-23...look through the thread in my links absolutely stunning, and you know that it will be right!

I rather fancy one of these, especially as I think that it looks a much nicer piece of kit than the Raptor. And I agree with Av8fan, this really does lend itself to what ifs.

I wonder when it will hit the shelves? I'm assuming it will be much nearer next Christmas than the one just gone.

I heard it was the YF-23's lack of vectoring engine nozzles/less manouverability.

Paul Harrison

Smashin! ^_^ I can remember watching in awe when Zactoman was doing his resin prototype... this will look great next to the Hase or Academy F-22s, won't it? Cue Bullseye catchphrase "look what you could have won". :confused:

Low observables/high speed. The ATF was designed around supercruise and stealth. The F-23 was optimized for this. The F-22 was slower, but probably better in a slow-speed dogfight.

so basically the f23 gave them what they asked for and they went with the less suitable candidate anyway? lol

its not a terrible crime because the f22 is a pretty good airplane but i do like the look of the 23 more

• 3 weeks later...

Despite the named reasons I also vagely remember something that Northrop already got the B-2 so the ATF was given to Lockheed. I got the YF-22 and YF-23 from Italerie as soon as they arrived. The Black Widdow is finished for years, the Lightning still waiting for paint... In other words I like the YF-23 design a lot more. :-) Maybe will get one in 1-48 as well depending on what hit the shelves.

Yup, that Black Widow is one sexy beast! And you can see the influence it had on the PAK T-50... Anyway, there'll always be a space on my shelf for this bird.