Hawk T1 1/32

PC2012

Great work and progressing well. Better than mine! I had decals on and applied a coat of Humbrol gloss varnish from a rattle can when the varnish made the decals wrinkle up. Next thing for me to look forward to is having the damn thing spend a few days in a plastic bag covered in oven cleaner!

You can soak the canopy in new Johnsons Klear and this will get rid of the clouding issue. Don't worry about some of the views you hear about the new version, it's every bit as good as the old, it just looks opaque when initially poured, dries completely clear.

PLEASE HELP! - I tried dipping the canopy in future and now it's even more of a mess than it was before. The only thing I can think of to do is to re-do the canopy. I have managed to get hold of a canopy but have no MDC decals. Can anyone help? I have re-ordered the PE. If anyone has a spare set of MDC decals for the 1/32 Revell Hawk - I will pay of course. Please could you PM me. Fingers crossed................ Thank you...

There are pinmarks on the airbrake.... Difficult to see but I should have filled them. Also HK I realized too late that the inside of the UC doors etc should have been gloss black too!

there are someof the big u/c doors in service with grey inner faces,

It might be worth your while emailing revell to see what they can do about a replacement canopy. Don't know if they will help, but its worth a shot.

And I think I may have spare mdc decals from an abandoned build of mine (the canopy was attached before it was put on the shelf of doom)

Edited by Mozzy19

I really like that :thumbsup:

(Hmm, I have one in the stash. If there are any decals for WW1 originated squadrons like 56, I could make it to go with one my Wingnut Wings SE5a's. I feel a plan is in the early stages of germinating........)

Cheers

john

Had time to do a bit of modelling this week :) I've finihsed the undercarrage, flaps etc. Just got to do the canopy now (special thanks to two people on this site), FOD guards, RBF tags. Then looking forward to the next project. My gourgeous wife bought tickets to go to Duxford this weekend and I took hundreds of photo's (modelling type, now I know what to look for) When iI sort them I'll upload to online storage for download.. Anyway nearly finished :)u1_zps4b21ef99.jpgu2_zpsdae6aa35.jpgu3_zps3c5e2d5b.jpgu5_zps0232290a.jpgu6_zps3029004f.jpgu4_zps79f367fd.jpg

• Like 1

Yes - right again Hawkeeper. I was looking tonight and thought they were not dropped enough as I couldn't see (don't know what they're called) the little skinny upper flap :) Oh well... not much I can do. Just want to get it finished. I'm working on the canopy tomight. I have made the FOD guards and put on a few RBF tags... it doesn't look too bad.

The' skinny' upper bit is called a vane,

we'll blame the incorrect flap position on the last pilot who flew it, maybe he wanted to get signed in & get home.

as to the RBF flags,

1 on at each u/c leg

1 on each air intake blank these blanks are joined by nylon rope, handle to handle, so one doesn't get left in place at start up,

1 on the pitot probe cover.

those are the normal everyday end of flying positions.the u/c groundlocks/flage only go in if the a/c is going to be towed into the hanar, once it's on the flightline ready to fly they are taken off & stowed in a box inside the stbd nose panel.

Edited by Hawkkeeper

Thanks guys - I used the 1/32 scale RBF tags for the FOD's and 1/48 scale RBF's for the undercarriage (the 1/32 ones looked too big). I'll take some pics later. BTW the canopy is coming on okay. I tested another piece of canopy by dipping in future... it looked good. However I had already painted the main canopy, it has a few small marks on it - so I thought maybe I should dip that as well, but wasn't sure how it will affect the paint. Does anyone know if it would be okay to dip? Thanks.