Crookedmouth's semi-triumphant return

Well, it's been a while since I last logged in and posted an update on my modelling. To be honest, I lost interest in modelling for the best part of a year and it's only since Christmas that I've been doing anything - slowly getting back into the swing of it. At the moment it's mostly finishing off stuff I couldn't face, back when the modelling urge left me and a number of fairly undemanding OOBs.

The first to report is that TSR2 that I was working on (and had a hissy fit over...). Here she is in her glory,. Nothing like as classy as some of the other Britmodeller's TSR2's. I know, I know. I bodged the canopy something rotten, and the undercarriage doors shouldn't be open. I'm just happy to have finished it. The decals are Xtradecal of course...

004_zpsd3c94010.jpg

002_zps77286997.jpg

• Like 2

You have Fozzy to thank for my return. I am rather ashamed to have neglected my BM friends all this time and an email from the Fozz persuaded me to come back to the fold...

Next up - I got a tad carried away with my Wurgers. So here we have the Academy 1/72 Dora and Anton. Both nice enough to build, but the Anton isn't quite the thing in the nose department, I fear.

DSCN0119_zps404b2782.jpg

DSCN0120_zps07d63e78.jpg

DSCN0062_zps93ddf0e3.jpg

DSCN0060_zps94299859.jpg

Then comes Hasegawa's ruinously expensive Anton double-boxing. Even half price in Modelzone, it is still rather pricey, but hey! Who can resist a 190? Especially with those decals?

0012_zps40b977ec.jpg

0032_zps7beb22a4.jpg

• Like 1

Hiya Cam!

Nice to see you building again, and I didn't know that about the U/C doors on the TSR, mine got knocked off anyway !!

Looking forward to more,

Si.

Nice to have you back, I know how you feel having completed just one model in 2012 (I only started 2), and then I wasn't too happy with it at the finish !

Cheers

Den

Needless to say but welcome back Campbell....love the 190s and its good to see the TSR2 finished...and looking forward to the...."lions and tigers and bears!"......circus!! :rolleyes:

• Like 1

Thanks everyone and it's nice to see you Martin - I knew that a TSR2 would flush you out :)

Foz - by lions and tigers, I guess I really mean a Jaguar. Just got the Italeri GR1 and it's sitting on my desk held together with Tammy tape just aching to be glued up & painted desert pink...

Yes _ I am pleased with those Wurgers. The camera does them no justice. The Dora was great fun (for a given value, fun=0). The kit comes with white underbelly stripes but I guessed that they'd be hard to apply so I masked up and painted them on :analintruder:

Edited by crookedmouth

Campbell, I am glad Fozzy kicked your butt hiding these away from us ...:rofl:

Excellent array of models .and the TSR2 does look elegantly modeled but I do adore DORA and ANTON..

Very nice builds and hope to see more from you ..

:wow: : clap:

Edited by HOUSTON

Next installment (it was a bit of a modelling frenzy in the last few months of 2012)...

The Airfix 1/72 Sea Hurri. Now you may notice that I added the chin scoop - an unwarranted and egregious error I must admit, but it's a nice paint scheme

2012-10-13185558_zps98f1cdc9.jpg

2012-10-13185512_zps97585997.jpg

2012-10-13185615_zps6eb02704.jpg

Airfix's diminutive Gnat. Not my best job by any means, but for once, the photo looks better than the real thing, so you only get one look...

2012-10-02174845_zpsdbeb528f.jpg

...and Revell's equally wee Vampire. a peach of a kit.

2012-10-02174720_zps1e2d6465.jpg

Couldn't comment untill know ...my internet provider has just fixed a 2 day problem ...so havn't had internet!....doesn't the Hurri look good in the white scheme?...good stuff Campbell :thumbsup2:

• Like 1