SSRN Seaview 1/288th scale

Hi,thought I would let you see my finished Seaview by Moebius models,took some time to build only working a couple of hours here and there it was nearly 2 years,I have added brassdetails for some of the interior and for the limber holes on the hull along with false pressure hull,fully lit including interior for the flying sub,sea scape is polyfoam scraped and brushed with a good wire brush with some aquarium plants dulled down with matt varnish for effect,tryed to emulate Irwin Allen with his love of garish colours,the manta's are milliput while the sharks and the diver(added breathing gear and metal detoctor)are from the Calypso kit,whole display is 4feet long,hope you like

cheers,Gordon

IMG_4119_zpsf2989275.jpgFS1andmaincabinlitupa_zpsf9b879f7.jpgFrontshowinglowerspotslita_zps0ceb553d.jFS1Bubbletraillitupa_zps2d74fc29.jpgSquid2a_zpsd4a10c53.jpgDiverandMinisuba_zps8832c758.jpg

I definitely DO like! It's a great diorama. I especially like the FS bubble trail to mount it and the shading of the grey on the hull.

David

Edited by David Womby

Hi Pete so did I,the Squids just woken up and about to attack the diving bell...lol,if you look closely in front of the diver is the ever present Trans Atlantic communications cable,why he needs the metal detector god knows,I can see it clearly...lol,thanks for your comments,much apreciated

cheers,Gordon

yes it is,I think I put another 8 in the mix,it is the 1/128th scale TV version,I have the Movie version to do but thats after a couple of Star Trek and Star Wars kits,some torpedo boats some figures etc,etc and also a 31" Nautilus which is between 1/69 and 1/72 scale the CMK 1/72nd deep diver figures look good with it,I'm going to convert them to Nemo and crew figures and there are some nice figures in the U-boat range that can work as other crew,but again i digress that is for the future,

cheers,Gordon

Hi Poppa like all modelers thats the tip of the iceberg/stash,not enough time on the planet to build let alone display what I have and still buying,if the wife makes a funeral pyre of my collection and me(just like good old Darth Vader...lol)it wont just be seen by the guys up in the ISS,the sky will be blackened as it was when Krakatoa blue its top(and the wife's close to that now...lol)half the problem is having so much you don't know where to start and when you do you spot something else to do so 40 models and a couple of weeks later nothing half finished/half started and a new one hits the shelf,my main is sci-fi and real space,then medieval Japan so I have a lot of samurai figures in various scales,torpedo boats I have in 72 and 35th scales,classic 60's Aurora monsters tv/film related and super heroes(these are all built)and then anything I like the look of wether its afv or figure or ship,last ship I bought was the Black Swan by zvedsa(the Black Pearl without the figure head)I am in the process of sculpting the proper figure head to make her the Black Pearl/Wicked Wench,never understood that as she is holding/releasing a dove so there is nothing wicked about that!did try and get a loan of a figure head from some of those that had bought the Pearl from Russia so that I could mold it and offer a free replacement to anyone that wanted to buy the ship in the uk and change it to the Pearl but I got frowned on (and basically got the I have it but your not getting it reples)for possible license breach,not that it mattered to them that they were buying an unlicensed product in the first place(Disney pulled the plug because Zvedsa started to sell before finalising the agreement I am led to believe)afraid its rife in the sci-fi sector especially with brass but people are buying it and because it has a show/ship name its treble the price it should be,anyway I'm ranting off topic back to the Seaview,the brass wasn't to expensive and the interior for the FS 1 is rather smart,I had originally built it as a stand alone model and cut the uper part(got a spare part from Moebeus) so that you could lift off the center section to see the interior just like the larger Aurora kit,I then did this diorama,I will have to buy the interior brass again as I still have the cut parts and the rest of the second FS 1 I bought to close it up for lights,I plan on doing the same with the 35th scale Flying sub I was able to aquire another upper hull from a friend who got a replacement for a broken wing,god I can go on....I really need to get out more...lol

stopping now so someone else can make a comment...lol

cheers,Gordon

Super reply. Many many thanks for taking the time to compose it, I have just posted my build up after being inspired by yours. Did you realise that the sheet of instructions that go with the large scale flying sub have a handy guide to interior colours and these can be cut out and used to decorate the inside of the 1/128 flying sub without that much alteration!

Very nice -- brings back happy memories of the show

(and I always wondered how the very square cornered front windows coped with pressure changes - can anyone say "Comet" :lol:)