POCHER - It's a Lamborghini Aventador!

roymattblack

Many thanks for the heads up on the kit.

I'm going to build mine so that the entire rear end lifts off - it's only held on with 4 bolts which I will substitute with studs that locate, but don't fix.

I want to be able to see all that stuff at the back!

Roy.

Right - I've got the Lambo in my stash now, but I have to admit I would have preferred a classic - C or D Type Jaguar, Aston DBR1, Maserati Birdcage, Ferrari 250 GTO....... etc....

OK..... I've seen it said that the makers these days look at 'mass market appeal'.

My response? - Cobblers.

Pocher kits - in fact, ANY kit costing £500 ISN'T mass market, or 'aimed' at today's Supercar-addicted 'yoof'.

These types of kits are mainly bought be experienced modellers prepared to spend a large amount of money on a good kit - and in the main, they WOULD prefer a classic.

Am I wrong????

Roy.

I'm 24, I'd never heard of Pocher prior to these threads. Having seen the instructions and some build ups, it's certainly within my capabilities as well.

I'd do modern stuff in a flash (if I could afford them and had the space) but I wouldn't be bothered at all by the classics.

Does this make me a yoof? :P I'd happily do 'classics' from the 60's onwards but anything prior to this has no interest for me.

Another thing,

Get yourself some really good quality screwdrivers or screw driver bits if using one of those interchangeable thingies. Most (if not all) of the screws self tap into the holes they go into -that includes the die cast parts as well as the plastic. Nothing is pre tapped so you need good quality tools so they don't slip in the screws and round them off rendering them useless.

You do get more screws than you need in case you do bugger them up.

Make sure you use plenty of bubble wrap or foam to lay the car upside down on when working underneath towards the end of the build -it weighs a ton!! I left the mirrors until last and peeled the windscreen protective film off at the end too. I used Tamiya style masking tape to keep closed the opening panels while moving the car around to stop them opening and getting damaged.

Cheers!

• 3 weeks later...