POCHER - It's a Lamborghini Aventador!

roymattblack

WOW WOW WOW!!!!!!

I want one, in every colour...

What rainbow coloured ...mmm... interesting

I would spray mine in red all sports cars should be red .Its the law.

mmmmmm £499 quid mmmmm and no import taxes either.

of to check the coffers.

I can't wait for mine - deposit already paid.

I do hope they continue with something a bit more classic....

Jaguar C or D Type, Aston DBR1, Ferrari GTO or Testarossa (the original ones)

Even dare I say, the DBR9 - no, it's not a classic but I don't think anyone doubts that it will be, one day....

Roy.

• 5 months later...

Very nice, but ... how about a standard (i.e. non-supercharged) four-and-a-half litre Bentley, or a Speed Six ditto? Or even a Bugatti of some variety? A "Tank" Bug is probably too much to hope for, but there are others ... And "Yes!" to the C- and D-Type Jags, and the Astons!

I haven't mucked about in car models for years, but I always dreamed of building a Pocher kit. Too expensive when I was building car kits and then gone when I could have swung the money for at least one of their kits.

Nice to see Hornby bringing the name back, though any Lamborghini other the Muria does nothing for me. That car was art, not just the slab sided hypercars the company is better known for.

Now, if this first release of the resurrected Pocher was a Tatra 87 or a Hudson 8 I would certainly sacrifice a few other wants in order to have one.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I saw a black velvet covered Ferrari outside Harrods a few weeks ago, and as the passers-by (and me) were gawping at it, a mirror-gold Bugatti Veyron pulled up in front of it......

Nice

There are a few nice cars that inhabit that area with strange colour schemes and odd number plates

Phil

• 2 weeks later...

Id love one, but with the big mclaren half built, i don't think i can con the mrs that its a good investment, over next years planned blue angel spotting trip to the states

Just found this pic of the box!!!

Roy.

lambobox_zpsba856a19.jpg

It may be difficult to sneak this one into the house. Plus the size indicates that it costs the same as some domestic appliances etc!

Edited by bobster

Nice

There are a few nice cars that inhabit that area with strange colour schemes and odd number plates

Phil

I'm not sure 'nice' is the right word.....more like 'tacky'. People who finish their cars like that are ostentatious and with very little taste. A velvet- coated Ferrari ?....yuk!

It may be difficult to sneak this one into the house. Plus the size indicates that it costs the same as some domestic appliances etc!

That is the solution.... buy a cheap microwave with a suitable sized box... say your mate wants you to keep it as a surprise for his better half... the stash the kit in the appropiat place... then walk out with the empty box the nest day/week saying your mate is ready for it back...

it might just work.

• Like 1

That is the solution.... buy a cheap microwave with a suitable sized box... say your mate wants you to keep it as a surprise for his better half... the stash the kit in the appropiat place... then walk out with the empty box the nest day/week saying your mate is ready for it back...

it might just work.

It just might! Although I won't be using that ruse for this kit, I will try it and report back. If I don't, check the obituaries.

Regards,

• Like 1

Hornby say deliveries are next week!!!

How many (anyone else?) here got one on order/getting one/want one?

Roy

(Sheepishly puts up hand)

After much negotiations, her highness has agreed to buy me one for my birthday as long as we split the cost...

Going to order one when I'm in the UK in 2 weeks time.

Yay...

Sorry, cant say Bleeping A!

Funny story about Pocher Kits...

When I bought my first one in the UK, was just a snip at 80 pounds, and I carried it back as hand luggage on the plane.

Few months later I found a Bugatti kit through my friend in Italy, and he shipped it over for me. It arrived, oohs and ahhs all round and that was that.

Couple days later, my mate phones, I'm in the shower and the wife answers, he tells her he's found the Alfa I was looking for and not to stress it wont cost me €300 this time....

Yes, it was a very expensive present that finally calmed the death stare... :thumbsup:

Steve

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Wish I could spring for one of these, however my 1:1 MX-5 cost me less than this kit! It'd have to be gun metal grey for me, ala The Dark Knight Rises.

What I would like to see though, would be a McLaren P1 in 1/8 High Def. Such an awesome looking machine.

it might just work.

No chance....

Mine turned up today. Say it's a washing machine!

Roy.

P1010053_zps4a16bb26.jpg

Right - I've got the Lambo in my stash now, but I have to admit I would have preferred a classic - C or D Type Jaguar, Aston DBR1, Maserati Birdcage, Ferrari 250 GTO....... etc....

OK..... I've seen it said that the makers these days look at 'mass market appeal'.

My response? - Cobblers.

Pocher kits - in fact, ANY kit costing £500 ISN'T mass market, or 'aimed' at today's Supercar-addicted 'yoof'.
These types of kits are mainly bought be experienced modellers prepared to spend a large amount of money on a good kit - and in the main, they WOULD prefer a classic.

Am I wrong????

Roy.

When you build it watch out for two 'Lamborghini' badges that go on dash and engine cover, and the two badges that go on the side panels in front of the rear wheels. They are etched metal and are almost impossible to get off the backing paper without bending them.

Also I found that when using the double sided tape for the windows it's easier to cut the tape out of the sheet and then re trim it with a scalpel blade. Then peel off one side of the backing paper, stick to part then peel off second paper then fit part to model. There are plenty of spare bits tape and it is very sticky!

Good luck with it. It's a great kit and remember most of what you put together won't be seen so probably not worth spending too much time detail painting.