POCHER - It's a Lamborghini Aventador!

roymattblack

It doesn't seem as if there's a UK distributor on the Pocher list......

Aaarrgghhh.....

Might have to order it in from abroad.

That will possibly mean extra import duty on whatever the price plus postage will be.

Sounds like it might get a bit expensive, but I'm having one, come what may!!!

Roy.

Might be worth an email to Hornby -- hard to believe that they've forgotten their home market, so even if all they can tell you is "watch this space", you'll at least know if a potential UK distributor is in the offing. Depending on how many they think they'll sell, mind, they may even be prepared to do direct sales from HQ...

bestest,

M.

Damm....

I've been looking forward to this day since it was announced having built a few Pocher's in my time but I have to say hearing today that the all new release would be a Lambo I am really dissapointed...

Looking on the bright side at least I'll save myself a small fortune.

Damm....

I've been looking forward to this day since it was announced having built a few Pocher's in my time but I have to say hearing today that the all new release would be a Lambo I am really dissapointed...

Looking on the bright side at least I'll save myself a small fortune.

Couldn't agree more. I'm really pleased to see Hornby resurrecting such a premium brand but a Lambo? Really? Personally, I'm disappointed to see such an obvious choice when the market is so empty of many interesting classics and moderns that demand attention. Here's hoping for the next release.

I agree also that there are 'better' cars out there - I was hoping for a D-Type Jaguar or even anything Aston Martin, but I'll be happy with the Lambo for now.

I just want to know where from, and how much!

Roy.

Oh a D-Type! Yes please very much indeed. Autoart do some really good D and C-Type slot cars - lovely details - but you've pointed out a great example of what could be done. It just seems that with a Lambo, or anything of that ilk, Hornby/Pocher are aiming at a mass market and that's not what the brand is about. Or wasn't. The people who'll shell out Pocher money (as opposed to Pocket money, I suppose - couldn't resist) are generally older enthusiasts to whom the D-Type will have special meaning and importance.

Oh well - if it makes them some money that they can plough into other offerings then good for them.

Does ANYBODY make a really LARGE scale D-Type Jaguar?

By that I mean MINIMUM 1/12 scale????

Oh, what a dream!!!

I recently completed the subscription to the 1/8 DeAgostini McLaren (absolutely amazing!) and I SO wish the next one would be a D-Type!!!

What are they offering as the next 1/8 partwork????

A 1970 Toyota!!!!

Yeah, Right!

Roy.

Edited by roymattblack

At the possibility of openening up a can of worms....

Yes it is the first kit that Pocher have released in years, and yes, it is a Lambo and not everyones favourite 'obvious' choice.

Relaunching a brand like Pocher, obviously needed some omf to it, and what better way than the Aventador?. They could have launched a vintage car, but possibly run the risk of being branded an 'old farts cars' manufacturer, appealing to only a small niche market.

Launch with a bang, then maybe later, bring in the old mouldings, some new stuff and try to keep a balanced market image.

Yes, price is a big factor with Pocher kits, always has been, but hey, lets wait and see...

A interesting question that ive seen come up a couple times this last week, is what is going to happen if they re release thier old catalogue of cars. Do they become worth a lot less?

Steve

Lambourgini have sold well over 1000 Aventadors (they sold the 1000th one nearly 6 months ago) and they have been selling very well in the far east . . . apparently one of the best selling hypercars of recent times. If you have enough money to buy a £200000 car you have enough money to get a Pocher version and pay someone to make it. I don't think these kits are aimed at modellers at all, they're aimed at the owners of the real cars ;-)

On the Autograph website, they're advertising the kit at 'approx' £530 inc delivery to the UK. (final price not yet fixed)

- Mine is on pre-order in orange....... Delivery expected Oct - Nov time.

Mind you, if Modelzone start doing it, I'll take a look.

Roy.

• 2 weeks later...

In reply to Mad Steves post.....Pocher started by making old classics.

The Aventador is all very nice, but at the risk of being an labelled an 'old fart' a Duesenberg SJ Phaeton would more in keeping with Pocher's origins.

Hornby's marketing department have probably got it right though, so I will have to concede that the Lambo will probably be more marketable and a lot less expensive to produce than a Duesie kit in 1/8th scale.

• 1 month later...

I've been in discussion with Hornby about this this week as none of the usual wholesalers know anything about it. They are saying that there isn't enough margin in it (it's a Hornby Spain project) for a general release in the UK so it will be Hornby direct only over here.

Not good.

Hopefully the British kit builder will see a great kit here...

Hornby won't get a market for it if they don't advertise the flippin' thing though!

At the mo' the only people who know this kit even exists, are those who Google 'Pocher'.

They need to jump in and pass it on to someone like Modelzone, at a sensible margin.

Even advertise it in a few model mags.

What has Hornby (UK) done so far?....

NOTHING!

No wonder there doesn't seem to be much interest!

They are going to kill a new release of a potentially fantastic range before it even gets off the ground.

Mine is ordered, deposit paid.

PLEASE Hornby - push this range, and bring out a few 'classics'.

Roy.

Pocher: My DREAM manufacturer!

Alongside the 1/8 Revelogram E-type ( beaten on flea-bay again!), this is a "bucket list" build.

When i was 21, I had the choice of either a Pocher kit (most likely the Merc 540 in white or the Rolls.) or an Atari 1040STFM.

The Atari won, & i'm glad it did! MANY hours of fun & friends gained.

So now Pocher is back with my all-time favourite marque, & i'm left a bit cold....

Why?

Because I associate Pocher with Classic/Vintage cars, not Hyper-Cars. I know: they did the Testarossa 512, & the Volvo truck/cab/lorry/artic, But fundamentally, they were a producer of "vehicles of a certain age".

If it were a Countach or a Muria? HOLD ME BACK!!!! But an Aventador? >meh!<

Do like the Orange tho...