1/12 Ferrari C126 C2

Finished this one off a day or so ago.

As I said im my build thread, this is a very underrated old Revell kit that can be had at cheap money on Ebay if you watch out for it.

I gather it was the old Protar kit that was re-boxed by Revell.

Excellent detail, lots of included wiring and plumbing (far more than on any Tamiya kit I've built) and well fitting parts.

The tyres are typical Revell shiny vinyl rubbish but with a bit of harsh sanding I managed to remove most of the gigantic seam line around the centre of the treads. I couldn't get rid of all of it, as the remaining line is an indentation in the surface that would really need filling.

The decals are good but being old, they needed a lot of Microsol to get them to even bend over even a fairly gently curve.

You can see a gap between the upper red cowl and the lower black side pods - that's because the upper body is meant to be screwed down with four minute screws leaving the car with loads of hidden internal detail unless you spend an age with a tiny screwdriver and a magnifying glass to get it apart.

I just made up four little wire tags that are a dog-leg shape inside, to hold the car together. They aren't a tight fit, meaning it's easy to take them out to expose the car innards, but hence the gap. I'll live with it.

All in all a fun build.

Roy.P1010061-2.jpg

P1010062-2.jpg

P1010063-3.jpg

P1010064-3.jpg

P1010065-3.jpg

P1010066-4.jpg

P1010067-1.jpg

P1010068-2.jpg

P1010069-3.jpg

P1010070-2.jpg

P1010071-3.jpg

P1010072-2.jpg

Edited by roymattblack
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Yay!!! Just won one on eBay!! I think that completes my collection of 1/12 Ferraris now.

Have you got the old Revell 1/12 Ferrari GTO and Ferrari 250 SWB???

Hens teeth now.

I missed an unbuilt 250 SWB on Ebay a few days ago that went for £31!!!!

Aaarrgghhhh.....

Roy. p.s.... glad you like my model.