-The future ( may be) master of the Russian skies

-This is my last model just finished (I even forget de dieliectrics decals panels on the yellow nose band and the painting of the canopy rails).

-It is the Sukhoi T-50 PAK- FA in 48 scale resin model from HPH ; This model albeit unusual is easy to built.The upper and lower fuselage halves are molded together which could disconcerting but it is not really difficult even if we have to open the cockpit sill and landing gear wells.

- Most of the problems comes with the photo etched parts.The air inlet grills on the fuselage top are not easy to insert and I had to built a new scratch build FOD guard on the forward landind gear wheels ,I elected to built another prototype to avoid building the nose probe and its numerous control vanes inclued inthe kit.-The fitting of the windscreen is rather tricky too b ut nobody is obliged to show the canopy open .Another problem arises with the painting as the smooth wonderfully engraved surfaces accept reluctantly the acrylics paints which prove to be difficult to adhere.A priming is necessary but this may hamper the magnificent engraved panels lines and riveting.

-It is really abeautiful kit, nice detailed and finely engraved

-Let's see

033.jpg
035.jpg
034.jpg
032.jpg
031.jpg
030.jpg
029.jpg
028.jpg
027.jpg
026.jpg
025.jpg
024.jpg
023.jpg
022.jpg
021.jpg
020.jpg
019.jpg
018.jpg
017.jpg
016.jpg
003.jpg
002.jpg
001.jpg
Edited by IPMS19
  • Like 6

That is absolutely stunning! Are those primer colours its finished in? I love that kind of stuff!

That is absolutely stunning! Are those primer colours its finished in? I love that kind of stuff!

- The colors intended for the finished model are a splinter of differents shades of grey. To avoid the tricky nose probe with its numerous vanes I searched photos of a prototype without this probe, what I discover but it was on primer finish so thats why my model is so finished.

That is very nice indeed but at the same time a little bit scary!! To be honest I`m not really into Russian stuff and only checked out the thread because going from the title I thought you had made a Eurofighter Typhoon, but I`m glad that I did,

All the best

Tony O

• Like 1

Looks really nice! Great build there! :D

The T 50 looks a lot more appealing in my opinion to its Western counterparts, proof that the Russians know how to make a nice plane B) Also interesting that the canopy slides backwards to open - cant be too common on modern aircraft now, especially fighters

No issues with your paneling, priming, paintwork or anything on this baby.

Another study is your master craftmanship and premier talent.

Congrats to you.

Karen

• Like 1

Awesome is all can say to that. I have 2 of these in 72nd scale, and intend to do one in primer, and the other in splinter camo. I think it's an awesome looking beast, it whole stance when one the ground and its size and presence, much more appealing than the F22 Raptor, which in my opinion is a tiny little mouse compared to this Russian brute. Excellent build, can't wait to start my own now.

• Like 1

Nice work. I've got a Revell one in the stash and cant decide whether to use the display zigzag livery or to be inventive.

-Let me gives you an idea........, buy another one.......No more dilema