English Electric Lightning - did it splash a C130?

JohnT

On 4/5/2013 at 4:53 PM, Giorgio N said:

That was a series that met with good success all over europe. It's based on a series of comic strips and a movie was done a few years ago based on the same characters. Original title for both was Le Chevaliers du Ciel, the movie IIRC was named Sky Fighters in english speaking countries and the flight scenes are IMHO some of the best ever filmed for a movie

Ok so 5 years after this post but i have been dipping in to the Aeronauts on that well known site known to u😉 and me.

Never mind the plot the aircraft are great...and love the little sad nee nahs too👍

Just a heads up for anyone who might be interested,  The Lightning Boys book is currently available in The Works for £4, reduced from £20 (via an earlier reduction to £7).

There were several other books in the series (Vulcan Boys, Buccaneer Boys, Victor Boys) at the same price.

Edited by Rob998
  • Like 4

On 1/30/2013 at 12:00 AM, Alex Gordon said:

I know Rick well enough to ask the question,he has always been absolutely straight with me.

For the record,he is not a well man.The immortal steely eyed killer,regrettably,ain't quite as immortal as we would like to think.

Further to my earlier post I was discussing this again with Rick a couple of weeks ago.His end of the tale remains the same as related elsewhere in this thread,he only brought up the subject because someone has been fishing around for information with a view to content for a book.

And yes,the man is alive and well and over the problems he was having back in 2013.

• Like 1