CH-46A, Phrog, US Marines

Hi all, just finished my Academy 1/48 scale CH-46A Sea Knight or Phrog

usSsAcC.jpg

Done as aircraft of HMM-262, US Marines, the `Flying Tigers, Vietnam

SWjOrQn.jpg

99% Out of the box, only additions being

G0Lkxdr.jpg

seat belts, a cable run along each cabin side (that you can hardly see) and some bits of wire to simulate pipes on the rotor hubs.

PeMeOZf.jpg

there`s a lot of decals on it, which took me 3 evenings to complete

l5J6y1C.jpg

oh, and I used some kitchen roll to simulate sound proofing on the cabin roof to cover where Academy left a gap at the rear and you can see the fuelage join

QLjQU6a.jpg

Hope you enjoy looking at

• Like 8

Nice job.......you have captured the look of this machine very well. Brings back memories of clambering over one of these in Cyprus in 1973. The USMC had been sent in to cover some evacuations of civilians from the Lebanon and deployed (IIRC) a couple of Phrogs, a Ch-53 and acouple of AH-1s. They were parked up at the British Army base at Dhekalia and the Americans kindly invited those that they had disturbed with their night flying to have a look over the, then, exotic aircraft which we had only ever seen on TV footage from the Vietnam war.

Well done !

• Like 1

I've got one of these and it looks nice in the box. It looks even better built up. You've done a great job and I like the scheme you've chosen. Thanks for sharing. Kitchen Roll sound like an ideal source for soundproofing I can see that working well.

• Like 1

• 7 months later...

Superb, really great job!!

• Like 1