Revell or Airfix 737

Nothing to do with United having ordered 50 plus -200's before Luthansa recieved the 1st of the initial order of six.

Lufthansa was launch customer with the -130,the prototype was even a -130. Avianca and Malaysian i think were the only other original -100 operators. I must admit I thought Aloha were too but theirs were ex Avianca

Boeings built close to 200 737's in the 1st two years,67-69.

Edited by bzn20

• 1 month later...

The only original customers for the -100 were Lufty, Malaysia-Singapore Airways, and Avianca Colombia.

AFAIK the only customer for the -100 was Lufthansa, no one else operated them factory-new..... If those you listed operated them, then as second-hand..... then also add to that list Aero Continente (some are still stored in these c/s...)

• 3 weeks later...

My choice would be the Airfix 737 since it is closer to a 100 series than the Revell 800 series. The Airfix kit while not perfect is pretty nice and it has the basic original engines , another deal is the wing root fairing , the 800's is completely different , You coul graft the 800 nose onto the 200 fuselage to make the nose more accurate. Just My views.

AFAIK the only customer for the -100 was Lufthansa, no one else operated them factory-new..... If those you listed operated them, then as second-hand..... then also add to that list Aero Continente (some are still stored in these c/s...)

No, as noted, Lufthansa, Malaysia-Singapore, and Avianca were all factory customers for the -100 series. There are any number of references, online and otherwise, that show them.

• Like 1

No, as noted, Lufthansa, Malaysia-Singapore, and Avianca were all factory customers for the -100 series. There are any number of references, online and otherwise, that show them.

you're right, those were the only factory-customers,

32 737-100s total (planespotters.net as source)

=

02 737-159 (59 being BOE-code for Aviance)

05 737-112 (12 being BOE-code for Singapore Airlines)

25 737-130 (30 being BOE-code for Lufthansa)

You are quite right and I cannot think what made me state this! The Airfix landing gear rules!

Elsewhere on Britmodeller and some years ago, fellow member Stringbag did attempt a DACO 737-300 conversion into a -200 and got some considerable way along, but seems to have sadly dropped it. Here it is:http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/40793-boeing-737-200/

Just editing this to add that the Airfix 737-200 is quite underscale, as can be seen in one of the photos in the thread cross-linked above. (In case anyone thinks the DACO kits are overscale, let me add that I have measued them and they are absolutely spot-on.) This means the Airfix engines are going to be visibly too small, and aftermarket engines are wrong for early 737s, including all 737-100s. (They are right for Advanced 737s.)

I think Chris still has this in progress. Hopefully this thread will prod him to carry on with it :)

Go on Chris, you know you want to !!!

I think Chris still has this in progress. Hopefully this thread will prod him to carry on with it :)

Go on Chris, you know you want to !!!

Hi Neil.

I'm afraid family issues are preventing me from doing any modelling at the moment though it is one of many that will be completed eventually.

Chris.

Not sure if this counts (here goes!) N73700 Prototype 737 (-130)FF 1967, 1st customer NASA N515NA albeit in 1973.

Edited by bzn20