And another photo - indoors this time.

She gets her identity as No Enemy Aircraft Will Fly Over The Reich Territory.

LancNoseArt_zpsf58803bd.jpg

Huge thanks to Alan Firbank at IPMS Gloucester for the XtraDecal set X72098 - Ton-Up Lancasters.

• Like 1

OK - so today I absolutely froze at an archery tournament :cold:

On return I fitted the tail turret guns :mg: , painted the prop tips, and fitted rudder balances and from the Revell kit.

A few small windows to glaze and I'll call this project quits. Possibly do the prominent Lancaster exhaust stains.

I'm planning to take both builds to Cosford next weekend.

I've seen CliffB's Dambuster Lancaster build, very impressive - I'm waiting for the Hercules engine version.

He's been asked for comparison with this vintage model - well here are my thoughts about it.

Obviously it lacks all the detail that you've watched me transplant from the Revell kit.

I think the canopy is a bit squashed, the pilot's windscreen is a bit more letterbox that the Revell or new Airfix kit.

Also the fusealge section, it's wider at the bottom - but not a plump as the Revell model, and I do think Revell has it right. Oh and surface detail is a bit loud - defo more subtle on Revell.

More photos tomorrow.

Edited by theplasticsurgeon
  • Like 1

Earlier tonight I found time to airbrush the characteristic Lancaster exhaust stains - whilst the sun was shining.
LancPOS_zps94db37ac.jpg

LancPOSexhausts_zpsc3fd98fa.jpg

Not part of the GB - but I also did my Grand Slam. I reckon these were used less than PO*S, so I tried to go lighter.
LancGSexhausts_zps105003f3.jpg

and Dambuster
LancDBexhausts_zps4f00f8e5.jpg

All are planned to be at Cosford this weekend.

• Like 1

Declaring completion. 137 missions not out, and place of honour at Hendon RAF museum. My salute to an amazing aircraft.

AirfixLancasterPOS001_zps8215c98c.jpg

I've just read that she is said to be haunted by a crewman.

I'm planning to take this model to Cosford this weekend.

AirfixLancasterPOS002_zpsdbc1c212.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 years later...