1/72 - Sukhoï Su-27SM "Flanker-E/-F" by Zvezda - released - Su-27S, Su-27UB & Su-30 in progress - Platz boxing

Homebee

• 2 months later...

Hi

I'm building it too and I think this is the best Su-27 model to date.

Do you know when the new Neomega items will be available please ?

Cheers, Pierre.

• 1 year later...

The clever way that Zvezda's designer has broken down the fuselage means that they only need to re-tool the upper forward fuselage to make other variants....

Su-27SM_17.jpg

Note the green parts in the CAD image - that would be the new bit.

Plus different fins, nosegear, canopy and other minor bits - the rest of the kit could be taken from their existing Su-27SM.

A Su-30MKI/Su-30SM would require a completely new forward upper and complete lower fuselage mould to incorporate the canards.

So, in summary - Su-27UB/Su-30MKK/Su-30M2 - easy peasy, Su-30MKI/Su-30SM more changes/investment needed.

Bring it on Zvezda :thumbsup:

Ken

• Like 2

• 7 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 2 months later...

A question for those who have the Platz boxing - does it include the PE and mask sets from Eduard in the box?

Judging from the price tag one would assume it does, but I am unsure and I would not want to spend 50+ euros on a kit, when for the same price, I can get the original Zvezda boxing and all available after market goodies as well.

• 2 months later...
On 1.10.2017 at 2:00 PM, Ryan Hothersall said:

Looks like Zvezda will be getting more of my money. 

For sure Zvezda will get my money.
I got 3 Zvezda kits last week and more nice kits are coming.
The new kits are really nice.
Maybe we can hope for more russian plane kits, that other manufacture only have in catalog since years for example.
So I hope for an Su-30SM. :)

On 7/13/2017 at 6:07 PM, drake122 said:

A question for those who have the Platz boxing - does it include the PE and mask sets from Eduard in the box?

Judging from the price tag one would assume it does, but I am unsure and I would not want to spend 50+ euros on a kit, when for the same price, I can get the original Zvezda boxing and all available after market goodies as well.

No it does NOT come with any extra part except the bottom part of the box can be re-purposed as a "fixture" for travelling purpose which as long as you have that pattern you can turn any box into that form. I bought the AE-5 box with big hope and deeply disappointed. Don't waste your hard earned money on those re-boxes.

• 4 months later...