1/72 - Sukhoï Su-27SM "Flanker-E/-F" by Zvezda - released - Su-27S, Su-27UB & Su-30 in progress - Platz boxing

Homebee

It isn't a Su-27M Homebee - it's a Su-27SM.

The Su-27M (T10M) is what evolved into the the original Su-35 'Super Flanker'.

The Su-27SM is a modification of the Su-27 with updated radar & avionics - it has an offset IRST and strangely, no IFR probe....

Currently in service with the RusAF..........

day02_028.jpg

There is also a further upgraded variant - the Su-27SM3.........

day1_019.JPG

Ken

Edited by Flankerman
  • Like 1

• 1 year later...

Ken, is the SM conversion fully muti-role? Looks like the kit has quite nice Kh31's. Surprised there's no refulling system, must've been to keep the defence budget down!

Paul Harrison

Looks very nice indeed. It also looks to be a new tool, and not a modification of their old Su-27 series with the raised panel lines. True fact? Sorry, I'm not really up to speed on models of modern Russian jets! :)

Cheers,

Bill

Totally new tool Bill. I've got a couple of the old Su30's and was partway through rescribing when the new kits from Trumpeter, Hasegawa and Zvezda were announced. They are going to be what-iffed now.

Paul Harrison

Interesting breakdown of the upper fuselage.

It's designed so that they can 'drop in' different forward fuselage sections.....

Two-seater with longer airbrake, those with and without an IFR probe etc etc.....

day1_015.JPG

It's a clever piece of design - providing that the joint line is easily hidden.

Ken

Edited by Flankerman

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

A Russian open box review with pics and a comparison with the Trumpeter kit :

http://scalemodels.ru/articles/7303-obzor-zvezda-1-72-su-27sm.html

In stock at HT: http://hobbyterra.com/product/1-72-scale-russian-multi-purpose-fighter-su-27sm-model-kit-zvezda-7295.html

On pre-order at LM: http://www.luckymodel.com/scale.aspx?item_no=ZVE-7295

Etc.

V.P.

Edited by Homebee

I'd like to buy one flanker kit in 1:72 but i don't know which one is the most accurate. Do you think it's better to wait the hasegawa 35s or buy this one?

Different planes. Have both

I'm building the Zvezda Su-27SM over on ARC.

I started an 'In-Progress' thread here on Britmodeller - but as it didn't seem to generate much interest, I haven't updated it here.

The Zvezda Su-27SM is, IMHO, the best, most accurate Flanker yet - but it is a niche version.

The Hasegawa Su-33 'Naval Flanker' is also very good (and very different) - so I expect their announced Su-35S to be good also.

As Pin says, the Su-35S is a very different beast to a vanilla Su-27 - or even the upgraded Su-27SM.

Ken

I'm building the Zvezda Su-27SM over on ARC.

I started an 'In-Progress' thread here on Britmodeller - but as it didn't seem to generate much interest, I haven't updated it here.

The Zvezda Su-27SM is, IMHO, the best, most accurate Flanker yet - but it is a niche version.

The Hasegawa Su-33 'Naval Flanker' is also very good (and very different) - so I expect their announced Su-35S to be good also.

As Pin says, the Su-35S is a very different beast to a vanilla Su-27 - or even the upgraded Su-27SM.

Ken

PLEASE! :pray:

Keep the WIP here updated - I've had one computer infection too many from the ads on ARC to go anywhere near that site! Had to have the computer reformatted because of it....

Mike. B)

• Like 1