More Fleet Air Arm Stuff- 2nd Line Aircraft

Cheers Colin,

Oh I second the 1/32nd Wasp as well as a Scout but I don`t think that it will ever happen,.......unless you are offering?

Thanks to everybody else for your very kind comments too,

All the best

Tony O

Hi Tony, didn't say would but then I didn'y say I wouldn't! 48th, 32nd, 48th, 32nd......

Colin

Strewth!!!.

And I thought I'd got a pretty good Fleet kite collection.

How was the Pavla Martinet Tony?,had one in the stash for about ten years.

I will set about it oneday.

Hiya Miggers,

Glad you like the models! To be honest the Pavla Martinet was a really nice little kit and I`ve bought another once since to do in a camouflage scheme when I get the chance. If you`ve done a few limited production kits then you will have no problems whatsoever and it looks much more accurate than the old 72nd scale Magna kit,

Cheers

Tony O

A stonking line up there! I particularly like the Baltimore and the Culham Rapide. However for very large display cabinet, I suspect we shoud read aircraft hangar!

Martin

Another lovely collection -- I really don't know which one is best

Could we see a photo or two of everything together -- that would be stunning!

Fantastic collection Tony, I can't say I can pick a favourite but I do like the more unusual stuff like the Baltimore, Seamew and Traveller. I've always been a bit of a closet fan of FAA aircraft. And yes, this is coming from a Crab!

Thanks ever so much lads,

Paul C- I think Culdrose is growing on you- you`ll be transferring to the Navy before you know it!!

Dave (Merlin 101)- I`ve got a Stinson Reliant, her is my 72nd scale Magna kit, it is a bit old now and I intend to convert the old AMT 48th scale kit when I get the chance, although it will take some doing!!

StinsonReliantTrinidad.jpg

It is in the markings of the Navigational School at Piarco in Trinidad and the high viz markings were applied to the Reliant and Grumman Goose.

Here is another Magna resin model that I forgot to include, the DH Flamingo;

DSCF5806.jpg

DSCF5788.jpg

For those of you wondering about my Tardis,....sorry cabinet,.....here are some pics;

cabinet2.jpg

fullcabinet3.jpg

fullcabinet1.jpg

Thanks again and all the best,

Tony O

Edited by tonyot
  • Like 1

Love those cabinets Tony, were they custom made for you?

Duncan B

Hiya Duncan,

Yes we were totally re doing the living room so I designed a cabinet to hold most of my collection and the builder/carpenter built it for me,..mind you it cost £1,500 ish as the toughened glass was really expensive!

Cheers

Tony O

• Like 1

Hi Tony,i love your collection,please could you tell me what brand of RAF blue grey you used on your Whirlwind and Wessex helicopters,Many thanks....Neil

Edited by fatalbert

Hi Tony,i love your collection,please could you tell me what brand of RAF blue grey you used on your Whirlwind and Wessex helicopters,Many thanks....Neil

Thanks, I used Xtracolor enamel RAF Blue Grey but you have to be careful as sometimes a particular tin can be a bit light.

All the best

Tony O

• Like 1