S1

D1fuN0

Well good afternoon everyone

What is an S1?

Well, I dont know yet.

This is a build thread for a Kit Bashers dream.

Im going to take my spares box, shake it vigorously, throw some paint and maybe a few decals in, and hopefully, (very hopefully)

at the end of it, im going to come out with a motorcycle model, The S1.

I have the following in the box, in various states of decomposition:

- Nearly complete but unbuilt RGB 500

- Kawa ZX 12

- Honda RC211

- Very abused GSX 1100

- loads of bits and bobs from the last 20 odd years.

Soooo, no pressure then :analintruder:

see you soon

(btw, this is not going to turn into one of those horrible american custom stunters, going more for a retro look, I hope)

steve

Howdy Chaps.

Ok, spares box raided, bits to be used sorted out, bits played with, cutting, pushing swearing etc :analintruder:

Soooo, how do you fit a 1100 engine into what was a 500's frame?

Well, like this...

S1FRAME2_zpsad73998d.jpg

S1FRAME_zps0cf12b93.jpg

The original frame was a four point mount, which has been changed just a weeee tad...

The entire front of the frame has been chopped of, and cleaned away, the engine was then matched up to the rear of the frame, and then to the front, as in a more modern stress frame.

The swing arm from the orignal bike is going to be used too.

I like the look at the mo, its the kind of retro look im going for.

Now, all i have to do is figure out how to match up the wheels from the ZX 12 to the swing arm and front end of a RC211... hehe

steve

• 2 weeks later...

Howdy chaps :bye:

A bit more work on the S1.

The swingarm and shock has been mounted...

SAM_0228.jpg

Ive sealed the bottom of the tank off too, and undercoated, and can be seen in the photos.

Also, ive made a couple of tank logos for the bike.

SAM_0222.jpg

and offered up on the tank for an idea of what it looks like.

SAM_0225.jpg

Seeing as there is no tank name going on, i thought id make something up to stick on the tank.

still trying to go with the retro look, think 30's artdeco meets steampunk... hehe

ok, more later.

Steve

• 1 month later...

Twice in one day... Hell!!!

So, who'd have thunk building your own bike was so hard!

I have spent the majority of time, fitting, re fitting, looking, thinking, scrapping, re fitting etc etc, until ive eventually got to this point...

SAM_0285.jpg

SAM_0284.jpg

SAM_0283.jpg

SAM_0286.jpg

As I said before, Im trying for a retro look, kind of like those limited issue british bikes of the 80's & 90's.

So what we basically have is the 1100 engine from a Katana, shoehorned into a Suzuki RGB500 frame. We have the front end of an RC211, as well as the a muchly modified tail section from the same. Wheels are from the 1200 Kawa craaaaaamed into RGB's swingarm, topped off with a modified RGB tank.

Still having issues fitting the airbox and carbs for the Suzuki engine, and the absolutely ginormous titanium exhaust from the ninja.

So what I have to do now, is deconstruct the whole thing, strip, paint and get everything looking like a real bike...

Whether its finished by the end of the GB, who knows, but ill still keep posting.

Oh, and those wheels just have to stay that colour.....

Steve

Edited by MAD STEVE

Looks just like many projects stuck at the back of many garages around the country.

I'm liking the aspect of the "Drunken Friday Night Ebay Win"...

"I've just won an auction for an ex-Mick Doohan front mudguard, and now I'm going to build a bike around it!". :D

Looks just like many projects stuck at the back of many garages around the country.

I'm liking the aspect of the "Drunken Friday Night Ebay Win"...

"I've just won an auction for an ex-Mick Doohan front mudguard, and now I'm going to build a bike around it!". :D

Well it looks like that noooooooow....

But hopefully it in a few days it'll look a bit better than a druken friday night ebay win :analintruder: