LTD 1/48 CA-13 Boomerang

Another model finished at the weekend after languishing almost complete for many months - just needed the pitot tube and a coat of matt varnish to finish. Photos not the best as I was in a bit of hurry this morning. I picked this kit up at the "Swap'n'Sell" at the WA Model Expo a few years ago for only a few dollars as I really like the pugnacious look of the Boomerang. It was, shall we say, a challenging build. As always finished with brush painted Tamiya acrylics. The markings are for an aircraft from No 4 Squadron RAAF based at Labuan, North Borneo in 1945. Thanks for looking.

Boomerang_1_zps91860ad4.jpg

Boomerang_2_zps94a25c75.jpg

Boomerang_3_zps819f7f40.jpg

Boomerang_4_zpse6078f97.jpg

• Like 1

Neat!

I've got one, but I picked up the Special Hobby kit recently and it blows it out of the water. Still, will make an interesting side-by-side.

Thanks! At last year's Expo I ummed and ahhed about getting the Special Hobby kit, but then went for their 1/48 Airspeed Oxford instead. I am itching to start it but I have promised myself to clear the backlog of almost finished models - does everyone suffer from that?

Having built the same kit (twice!) I can understand what you went through to make such a nice model so well done indeed and I love the scheme, but would you ever build another?

We`ve all got half finished models gathering dust that we intend to get finished some day so you are not alone! I`ve got an almost completed Belcher Lynx which just needs it rotors fitted and a Dynavector Gannet with its folded wings lying around it on the shelf which have been there for several years,......I just cannot bring myself to jump the final hurdle and get them finished!

All the best

Tony O