What happened to the Cyber Hobby buccaneer?

Paul

In 2011 Dragon announced a new tool 1/72 Buccaneer, but there's been no news since.

Do large manufacturers ever drop plans to release kits when they've reached a stage when they've been announced and allocated a number, or will it have just been delayed?

Any thoughts?

My thoughts on this are that any delay can only be a good thing. Cyberhobby set the mark pretty high with their 1/72 Meteors, but then squandered it with the Sea Vixen, Venom and Kings. I hope that they have taken on board some of the criticism recieved for these kits and are going over their Bucc with a fine tooth comb to produce an outstanding kit! Fingers crossed.....

Mark.

• Like 2

They are a bit hit & miss with their aircraft releases, there was also a range of WW2 Battle of Briatain Aircraft listed for 2010 that never appeared along with F-16s and all F-35.

I wonder if they are trying to find a decent kit to copy, their Sea Vixen certainly lloks to have been inspired by the MPM kit with a touch of the Airfix added for better details, the Sea King looks to have been created from scaling down the Hasegawa 1/48th kit - Badly !!!. Perhaps they are struggling to get the Airfix 1/48th Buccaneer together so they can copy its features or maybe the Czechmaster kit is a little too complex for them to recreate in CAD :mental:

• Like 1

I'm firmly in the 'willing to wait longer if they get it right please' camp. The Meteor was tempting if a touch expensive for such a nice kit but there's no way I'm willing to pay that much for such inaccurate kits even if they are in my favourite subject area. Please get it right this time Cyberhobby.